News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Sept 1-3

Started by Lawrence, September 08, 2012, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Great 3 Day Appleseed! 30 on Saturday, 30 returned for Sunday! 10 on Monday for Long Range KD Day.

Labor Day weekends add a little cushion for rest and chores, improving our Sunday attendance. Families are able to enjoy both days without the impending dread of Monday morning. Everyone stayed the whole day on Sunday and it was evident they enjoyed it!

We had 15 men, 4 boys (age 12-15), 5 girls (age 10-15) and 6 ladies (all age 20 to 29, I think?). 12 were first time Appleseeders!

Our instructor attendance was above average too! 9 Instructors on the line. At the end of the day, we all commented that it seemed like the smoothest, most cohesive Appleseed we could remember. Everything seemed to fall into place and the normal equipment issues were speedily resolved without slowing instruction.

Sadman and adamsod presented the history presentations they worked on for the preceding Rifleman's Boot Camp and M1NC presented a superb "Second Strike" to complete the story of April 19th.

Sincere thanks to Sadman and adamsod, both performing as Shoot Boss in Training. Hawkeye, Law man, The Beard, M1NC, Toshbar, Grathlong, DAR-Patriot, Green Bean from TX, Shep from Ohio and Jules_H worked seamlessly to perform every item of instruction.

We had 7 new Riflemen and multiple confirmations as the instructors were able to shoot as well.

Please post your thoughts and photos!

Lawrence

Apologies for the photos, I think there was a big smudge on the lens.

Botbasher

Nah.. We'll blame it on the humidity. 90%+ cannot be good for the electronics!!

I wanted to say, at least from our side as students, that my son and I had the greatest time learning the techniques, putting them into use, having both of us shoot Riflemen (on our 2nd in a row AS) and then putting it into practice the next day out at the KD Range (460y pop-ups are sooo much fun!!). Seeing the real world application as Matt generously loaned me his Jacket and his beautiful M1 and had this 1st timer shooting 200y iron sight swingers on the 2nd shot was incredible. Thank you for taking the time to explain the M1 to me Matt... buying mine soon!! Fun, educational and enjoyable don't even begin to compliment the program enough. Wouldn't have shown up twice in a row if I didn't like it!

Sadman's lecture is still incredibly moving (the 2nd time was better), not to overshadow the others, but I have to admit that he got me thinking the most and was probably the major reason that I broke my N.A.V.Y. vow and am now working on becoming an Instructor!

Adam, Matt, Som (sp?) and so many other instructors (I'm horrible with names.. sorry guys!) made the time at the line and in the shack worth all the oppressive heat and uncomfortable humidity (90%+... REALLY!!).

When, at the end of the 2nd day, my 12yo son looked at me after getting his Patch and matter of factly states "I want to become an Instructor to help teach other kids.", you know you have done something right!

I can't thank you guys enough for the time you gave us. I hope I can be as great an Instructor and help inspire others!

Thanks,

Ken & Jordan Stevens
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo the Possum

"The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

You know why nobody panic buys .30-06? Because a man with a .30-06 doesn't need to panic.

M1NC

It was our pleasure to have you - to see you enjoy making hits with the M1 at KD makes it all worth it from an instructor standpoint (plus it's neat to show how 25 yards applies to full distance!) 

Grab an orange hat and some friends and help us grow the program!

-Matt aka M1NC
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Botbasher

Oh... Enjoyed your M1 and the KD exercises would be an understatement! It would have been very easy to burn a lot more of your ammo. I'm planning a trip to Anniston in Oct!  :-)

Speaking of Orange Hats.... Someone owes me one!  ;-) Can't wait to start the journey!

Cheers!

Ken

"The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

You know why nobody panic buys .30-06? Because a man with a .30-06 doesn't need to panic.

Sadman

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm looking forwards to seeing you with a better looking hat (an orange one with 4 big letters on the front)!

Cheers,

Sadman

Botbasher

Here are a couple of the shots we took while up on the KD line, for those that didn't have a camera or get the chance to hang around.

Cheers!

Ken

CharlieHotel

Nice Job Guys! I can't help but feel jealous when I see those pics. Missing my home away from home. Can't wait for Ramseur 2-13!

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13