News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fajen Legacy Series Adjustable Rifle Stock

Started by TomM1Thumb, March 05, 2012, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM1Thumb

I have a Fajen Legacy Series Adjustable Rifle Stock on My 10/22, My question is Why did They Quit making them? Company closed down? too expensive to make?

Does Anyone know the real true reason?
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

douglas34474

Nope, they don't have any. They did give me the name of the people that bought them out. I called, and they are not making them anymore. The lady could not tell me why, just that they are not in there 2012 catalog.

Tom, I've got a Rhineland thumb-hole coming. Should be a good stock.

Doug

GEmanuel

Sorry, gave it my best shot. Thanks for the info.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

douglas34474

I had hoped you had found a supply. It's a nice stock

Charles McKinley

Have you looked at the ATI stock?  It is adjustable for length of pull, has an adjustable cheek piece (comb?) and a piece you can put in if you want to angle the stock down.  Here it is at Cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/10-22-accessories-ati-10-22-adjustable-folding-stock-1.shtml

I have it on both the 10/22 s I have for my daughters.  If you have a Dunhams near you you can usually get a 15-20% off coupon to use on it.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

douglas34474

This is the one I ordered.

http://www.troupsystems.com/rifle%20stocks.htm

Some like the tactical look. I don't really get off on it. In fact, I have wood on my AR. Gives the rifle some sole.

9mm4545

If you get it in time, I sure would like to see that stock at St. Augustine this weekend. That is a stock I have looked at more than once.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sly223

The wood furniture is something to behold,
it absolutely breaths life.
Wood is good! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

pikid89

Im currently building up a 10/22, I'm looking at the Boyds Tacticool, laminated wood based on the McMillan A5 stock...looks pretty comfortable to me...anyone else used one?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=tacticool

douglas34474

Well I got my stock in and it's looks like it will work out fine. Now I'm waiting on the 20" octagon polished and ported barrel for it.  ^-^

Hope it will be here before the IBC.

mattra

Quote from: pikid89 on March 19, 2012, 01:35:02 AM
Im currently building up a 10/22, I'm looking at the Boyds Tacticool, laminated wood based on the McMillan A5 stock...looks pretty comfortable to me...anyone else used one?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=tacticool

You might want to inquire over at rimfirecentral.com - that stock has been used by several over there. I can see it being heavy, but I tend to like heavy rifles so that's not a negative for me. I think savage even offers one of their rifles (a bolt action) in that stock too, generally positive reviews, but most people who use it are attaching a bipod to it so that might be something to consider.

Pete!

The rifle I borrowed when I made rifleman had a Boyd's Tacticool stock.  It was nice but too short for me.  If it was two inches longer I would have been happier.

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)