News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spring Appleseeds?

Started by CoryD, November 21, 2010, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryD

Hello. Saw the Appleseed "flyer" in a SGN and Im very interested in participating in one. Even bought a new Marlin 795 to use.  Problem is I cant make it to one til spring. Are there any in the works for the Fox Cities/Oshkosh area ( I figure, Spring is a good time for Appleseeds to be budding everywhere) I know bad pun, could help it. Sorry.  >:D btw They need a smilie with a tri-corner hat
Why do they call it a signature if you have to type it?

Trisha

Hello CoryD and welcome to the forum!

We will be having plenty of Appleseeds here in WI during the spring. Our biggest weekend is of the year is actually on April 16-17. Since the Revolutionary War began on April 19, 1775 we find it important to celebrate that weekend a little more than the other Appleseed weekends. If you can make it to one, I would highly recommend it. WI should have from 4 to 8 Appleseeds on that weekend alone.

The schedule for 2011 for WI isn't quite ready, but if you continue to look here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16001.0 you'll see events being added within the next few months.
We always have events in Lodi, Racine, Shiocton, and Suamico during the spring. This year in WI we will be having around 35 events and we are going to try to double that for 2011, so there should be plenty of Appleseeds around.

Also if you are a member of a range and would like to see an Appleseed take place there, let us know!

I hope that helps. It is hard to say what the dates will be for spring besides April 16-17, but if you continue to look back at that link I gave you above, you will be able to see which events work for you.