News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla, TX: Apr 17th & 18th, 2010

Started by spitstickler, April 19, 2010, 12:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

What an awesome way to celebrate the 235th anniversary of April 19th, 1775 and honor those who sacrificed on our behalf. I enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend and hope everyone had a great time and learned something new. I know I did. Lots of pics to sort through, but here's the first lot of Riflemen from the weekend. Congratulations!

...more to come later.

BTW: We had lots of folks from the DFW area down in Davilla this weekend. Please sound off over in the DFW area members threads and introduce yourselves. We would very much like to get a Appleseed location in north Texas this year and if we all work together on this, we can get it done.

DFW thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5728.0
DFW range thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12156.0

...and don't forget to sign up for the Texas Appleseed newsletter if you haven't already done so:
http://eepurl.com/ie3t
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

voortrekker

April 17th and 18th, 2010........Davilla, TX.

On this weekend, Red and Orange Hats gathered, once again, with their fellow Americans in a field in the middle of no man's land to hear the story of their Forebearers, the story of April 19th, 1775.

Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles and Aunts, made their journey to be in Communion with their Forebearers that stood TOGETHER against tyranny on April 19th 1775.

They came to hear the story, their American history, when Marksmanship met History and Liberty was Born. The story of April 19th, 1775.

To HONOR is to REMEMBER

And we HONORED them to the "T".

At 3:00PM Central we gave a salute volley in rememberance over 75 yards long to those who made the ultimate sacrifice at Lexington and Concord towards securing Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Fifty-one Americans met the Davilla firing line this weekend.

All Fifty-one of them made this event one of the most memorable this Red Hat has ever had the opportunity to experience.

Everyone present in Davilla, TX this past weekend :

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Instructors present that helped make this event a success : Big-D, doubleLL, reliable, Ross, spitstickler, starfox, Texas Rifleman ---->  THANK YOU!!!!

Such a terrific event to have the opportunity to be amongst so many like minded people with ABSOLUTE can do attitudes that put the "P" into Persistence.

As a result, Davilla forged seven Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT.   O0

In addtion, we had at least eight others that were very, very close.   :~ 

Everyone that was there this past weekend, you keep going......keep persisting........you WILL earn that Rifleman patch.

Remember the Seventh Step.

We the People, never forget this.

YOU have the power.

The ball is in your court.

Destiny and History of our Republic is in your hands, RIGHT NOW.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Brett
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

spitstickler

more photos...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

...and more

Aromatic

Nice shoot Riflemen.  Spit, with lines that long, you are going to need a panoramic lens for your camera.  Great photos.

It is great to see the Davilla line that long.   :---

AlarmList76

I would like to thank all the great instructors at the Davilla shoot for their help in earning my patch.  After five Appleseed events it finally all came together at once: equipment, weather, instruction, and persistance.  I would also like to thank all the other Rifleman (and women) in training for supporting and sharing their knowledge and experience with me to help me achieve Rifleman.  The brisket was pretty good too!

Texas Rifleman

Thanks for all the great photos Spitstickler!!!
I finally got my feet wet as an IIT.
I have a lot to learn but am looking forward to it all.
Enjoyed meeting everyone. I am so happy my little buddy Andrew made it.
Always like visiting Davilla, camping and making new friends.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

CaptG

Looks like ya'll had a great shoot. Sorry about the mud shortage. If we'd known, we'd have tried to send some over from College Station.
Congratulations Riflemen.
guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

voortrekker

doubleLL giving the 2nd Strike while attendees enjoy BBQ provided by a local doctor.

starfox delivering the 3rd Strike!

The Davilla, TX firing line from the right :

Where are the red coats?    We are ready!!!!    :~

This Riflewoman knows very well what she is about.  Yep, she earned her Rifleman patch last fall.  She's back to hone her rifle marksmanship skills even more.  A Rifleman/Riflewoman knows the best is always yet to be.

Father (shooter) and Son (Instructor) teaching an old dog some rifle marksmanship tips the Appleseed way, the American way.

I cannot explain how some can do this, but some can........good on'em.....wish I could.

Riflemen, forged on the anvil of the AQT on Sunday afternoon.  An example of dogged persistence paying off.
What a tremendous accomplishment Gentlemen!  GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Aromatic

Way to go Riflemen.  Special congrats to Alex and Andrew.

Eleanor of AQT

Wow...that looks down right like a country club with all that grass on the range! 

Congrats to all...Vinnitsky, I know you have been out a bunch of times, way to go!
Davilla 1108

DSIL78

Hey all, I want to say what a treat we had this past weekend at Davilla.  On my way out driving in the rain, I was expecting a wet and muddy weekend of shooting.  But the rain held off for the 51 of us that showed up until after we were done on Saturday, man what a great shoot.  I too want to thank all the Instructors that were helping out.  It amazes me that all of us students of Appleseed are so lucky to have great people leading, and helping out in all the ways that they do.  I want to congratulate all the riflemen that showed that they had what it takes to make their patch, especially to Alex, Andrew and his son, Will, and the other riflemen. 

I didnt get my patch this one, but it is going to come soon.  I cant wait to bring more people to this great event.  Thank you all again!

Banana Man

WOW! Looks like quite a shoot. Can't wait to get back to Davilla - looking like late May shoot. Plus, I need to take measurements of the water tank for a project.

Thanks for the encoded Banana message guys. Miss y'all too!
"If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"
-Unknown

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

BDG

Hey hey hey! Good to see Vinnitsky out on the range again! And even better to see him holding a patch (what, no 54R this time out?). Brings a glimmer to my eye. And even better yet again that he brought another buddy with him!

I also see that riflewoman with that peculiar sitting position too! Good for her for keeping to the 'Trail, and good for Voortrekker for taking the 'Trail to her!

Congrats on a successful shoot. Hope you all enjoyed that grass cuz it's an unfamiliar sight... :P
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

sashok.privetov

Quote from: Eleanor of AQT on April 19, 2010, 11:14:41 PM
Wow...that looks down right like a country club with all that grass on the range! 

Congrats to all...Vinnitsky, I know you have been out a bunch of times, way to go!

Arpmatic, Eleanor--Thank you both!  It really was a special occasion for me to get that patch.

BTW, can I get a nice big pic of my 'graduation', like the first one?  :D
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

doubleLL

We had a great shoot. I want to thank the shooters for their support, this was my first time to call the line and share the strikes. I enjoyed working with everyone and seeing a few friends on the line. I know some of you folks were close to making rifleman.

Just remember a rifleman never gives up!  :--- :--- :--- :---

Spit- You are a fabulous photographer!
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Beautiful Davilla! Congrats to our new Riflemen!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

starfox

This was a great shoot! We had alot of motivated shooters to learn what Appleseed is all about.  This was my first time telling Strikes, and even though I had an acute case of cotton mouth at points, I got several compliments on my storytelling.

Thanks to Brett for trusting us to run the line on Sunday.  We were able to forge 4 riflemen on the anvil of the AQT grind.  Thanks to BigD, Spitstickler, Reliable, and Texas Rifleman for helping to run an efficient line and give lots of personal instruction to our shooters.

To our Rifleman, particular Alex and Bill who are multi-time Appleseeders, and to Will who was on my segment of the line, congratulations!    I was truly humbled to see so many Americans passionate about our heritage and the great tradition of Rifle marksmanship.

For all those orange hats out there aspiring to be red hats, I highly recommend doing an IBC followed by an Appleseed weekend. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: starfox on April 21, 2010, 11:57:16 PM
This was my first time telling Strikes, and even though I had an acute case of cotton mouth at points, I got several compliments on my storytelling.

Heck, I thought everyone received a package of cotton with their copy of Paul Revere's Ride.  **)

I'm sure you did a fine job.  ..:..
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

CaptG

Alex,
Glad you're back and ok. Very glad to see you've shot rifleman. I remember when you shot your mosin all weekend in December 2008.
Take care.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

POP

Wow!  Good shoot'n Alex.   O0
Ditto everything Guy said.
So everyone understands, Alex is one of those persistent Rifleman types.  I don't know how many shoots he has been to trying to get that Rifleman Patch.  I've only seen him shoot his Mosin, a 308 Bolt Action that holds I believe 7 rds which made shooting that rifle a lot of work, and slowed him down.  But, I don't think I would want get into a contest with him and his Mosin, he's pretty fast, and accurate.   ;D  BTW, what equipment did Alex use to get his patch?

And, Starfox!  3rd Strike?  I bet the students got their money's worth on that. **)  (I listened to Starfox at the Davilla IBC the previous weekend; She was really goooood, like turning on a professionally done tape recording that left out NUTHING!   ^:)^   

Just reading through and looking at the pics I know it was a memorable occasion for many family units.  Kinda made my eyes a little glassy thinking about my first Appleseed with my boy, Dylan.
Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles and Aunts, made their journey to be in Communion with their Forebearers that stood TOGETHER against tyranny on April 19th 1775.

They came to hear the story, their American history, when Marksmanship met History and Liberty was Born. The story of April 19th, 1775.

Way to go Brett, all the instructors and shooters alike.  Excellent April 19th Appleseed weekend.   :~ :~ :~ ^:)^
POP

PS:  For you North Texas folks, the inagural shoot will be just a short distance away in Shreveport on May 22-23.  We'd sure like to see you there.  http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/publicservices/shootingrange/ has info on the Bodcau range just 30 minutes North of Shreveport, great camping, scenic.  Ya'll come!   

Quote from: CaptG on April 23, 2010, 12:08:25 AM
Alex,
Glad you're back and ok. Very glad to see you've shot rifleman. I remember when you shot your mosin all weekend in December 2008.
Take care.
Guy
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

sashok.privetov

Guy, POP--
Thank you for the congrats. This is my 5th or 6th Appleseed.

The rifle I used is a 10/22 I put together. NDS receiver, Power Custom parts, bull barrel, all that jazz.

I still have the Mosin, but I'm thinking of retiring it.  I did get a Garrand from National Match armory to replace it!
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.