News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Balsam Lake Rod and Gun- August 7th and 8th!

Started by sparks1, July 15, 2009, 12:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

At the gunclub meeting tonight the membership voted (with enthusiasm) to host an Appleseed next spring!!! (Small presentation by yours truely)Details to be worked out, but lots of time to do it. They were concerned that one this fall would interrupt their members use of the range for hunting sight-in. I told them A.S. would work with whatever schedule they want.
They have an application in hand and fepowered's email address and my cell number.

Great news!!! They were enthusiastic about it. I believe that they are thinking about the 3rd weekend of April. There was talk about a smelt fry at the same time.
Anyway ...lets keep contacting those ranges folks. A.S. grows because of the efforts of the cadre.

Ron
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Old Glory!

Combining the tradition of Appleseed and April 19, 1775 and a good ol Wisconsin smelt fry may prove to be a good lure.    :)  Let's start trolling for some new Appleseed lunkers in northwestern WI.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

From September 18th, Sparks wrote:

Colycat: Sparks1 here, I have contact info for the Wi coordinator.

I approached Balsam Lake Rod and Gun about an AS event and they were all for it, but next spring. The club president's name is Jim Duncan ph# 715-485-3072. I do not know if any followup was done to keep them in the loop about an AS. Since I have no access to the WI forums I am passing this to you in hopes that Balsam Lake does not fall through the cracks. They were so enthusiastic about it I would hate to see it not happen. I believe they could be amenable to hosting multiple shoots.
Thanks
Ron
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Great job Ron,
           Looks like a good location close to Rice Lake, Eau Claire, and the Twin Cities. Prime area that need seeding. Thanks Ron.

Lets get this one on the schedule.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Can we still get a shoot at this club, this year?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Last I heard  Deacon was working on it &) &).

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Aug 21-22 or Aug 28-29 would be good :~ :cool2:. No MN or WI shoots on the schedule yet &).

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Deacon

We are on for August 7th and 8th!
I have to get the Host Agreement done and then will get it on the schedule!!!!

Thanks Balsam Lake Rod and Gun Club!!!

dragonfly

Thanks Deacon and sparks1 :bow:, Lets get promoting this :sos: &), less than 2 months. This is an area that really needs some seeding :~.

Thanks in advance for your help.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

sparks1

Great work!!  O0 Since I made initial contact I suppose I will have to check my schedule and see if I can do some instructing. Close to the Twin cities...only about 80 miles away . I can think of Gander Mtn in Forest Lake and Dick's somewhere near there to post some flyers. I will check with a friend who drives that route and get information. Let me know when flyers are available, or I will keep checking in for a downloadable flyer.

Whoo hoo  ^:)^ ^:)^, seeding another AS in Wisconsin. Hope my Mn. brethren don't tar and feather me.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

incendio

I am near balsam lake and can put out fliers if you pm a copy.....
there are several gun/sports stores around..
one in "downtown" hugo also

I went to the hinckley shoot yesterday and learned alot, but had other committments for today.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: incendio on June 27, 2010, 11:39:01 PM
I am near balsam lake and can put out fliers if you pm a copy.....
there are several gun/sports stores around..
one in "downtown" hugo also

I went to the hinckley shoot yesterday and learned alot, but had other committments for today.

I assume it's safe to assume that you're Brent?
I knew we couldn't get a shoot that close to the boarder with out picking up a spy....
But we were glad to have you!
Check in on the AAR:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14633.0
As soon as the shoot gets on the schedule; there should be a flyer you can download at the bottom of the event info page.

Welcome aboard!

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

incendio

dragonfly

For the Aug 7 and 8 date it is a no go. Hopefully we can get this range for a latter date. Deacon has more detail's. We have had no communication from the range. We will keep trying.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Deacon

Unfortunatly, I have not been able to get in touch with anyone from the Balsem Lake Rod and Gun Club.  I just tried two more times today.

As soon as I get in touch with someone, we will try and get something on the schedule.

Deacon
WI S.C.