News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A River still runs thure it

Started by Wade, September 06, 2009, 12:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

And wind  blew over the cover's  :o( quikly fixed and staked down) and sun and Rain and drisel, New Shooters and older Shooter's  Great group of Shooters O0 and Great group Instuctors to be working with O0.

And the short Instuctors shoot after the shoot was fun, :D,sort of a tradtion here  <:) ( with some one on one with those that are camping here ,,,a little perk of camping at the shoot 0.

2 ? New Riflemen today  and an IITand another one in the works O0 O0 O0

some one eles will add more I am sure  tired but a good tired.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

Thanks Wade, for building the range, hosting the Appleseed and making it a great place to meet and make Riflemen. I have a post on my blog about it, saving the hard numbers for Wheeler44 but a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2009/09/castlerock-washington-has-appleseed.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

On the road again, rain still pouring down. But it isn't like December was.... is it?
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Nevada Smith

Quote from: Earl on September 06, 2009, 01:28:42 AM
Thanks Wade, for building the range, hosting the Appleseed and making it a great place to meet and make Riflemen. I have a post on my blog about it, saving the hard numbers for Wheeler44 but a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2009/09/castlerock-washington-has-appleseed.html

I'm wondering why the four shooters in the foreground, the Orange Hat, and at least one of the spectators are sans eye protection?
Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

Son of Martha

Possibly because eye protection is only REQUIRED for minors.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Nevada Smith

Quote from: Son of Martha on September 06, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

SoM
Well, it also depends on whose range you're on.

Problems worthy
of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.
--Piet Hein

Earl

Day two of the Appleseed takes its toll, me I am afraid, I have about forty photos from today and about twenty from yesterday but I have been working the lines with our future Riflemen, and I might not be as young as I once was, will post more tomorrow after a hot shower and good night's sleep.

A little about the results, two Riflemen the first day, three Riflemen the second day and one of them a brand new shooter (no bad habits and lots of 'stick to it' and taking the critical observations with their best intent, making him a better shooter).

Wheeler44 convinced three Riflemen (okay, one of them was a Riflewoman) to start on the path to becoming an Instructor. It has been a great weekend to be an RWVA Instructor in the rainy Northwest.
http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2009/09/and-on-second-day-we-applied-yesterday.html

Wheeler44 did us proudly, in December he presented Nadia her Rifleman patch on Sunday, her second day of shooting. On the Thursday before the Appleseed she had become an American Citizen! so now he sees her returning to shoot a Sunday Appleseed with her younger brother in tow and he is coming to learn how to shoot, and she might convince her sister to join us one day. And Appleseed has another motivated ITT. Way to go Wheeler44.

Wade

Quote from: Nevada Smith on September 06, 2009, 06:04:36 PM
Quote from: Son of Martha on September 06, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

SoM
Well, it also depends on whose range you're on.

Folks are told at the start of each string of shooting EYEs and EARs  if they are grown up they have a choice
its on them if they do not heed warning  &)

Wade

ps You really should wear hearing and eye protection.
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Kratos

The amount of new people every time I attend an Appleseed event is encouraging to me, and gives me a chance to learn little things about myself (shooting and otherwise) that I wouldn't otherwise learn by working with the same people every time.  The September 5-6 Appleseed was unique in that I saw a large number of families in attendance.  What a great way to spend time as a family learning the heritage of the country and becoming proficient in marksmanship.  Definitely a way to create an experience that will always be remembered.

Earl

The instructors can't do it all, and coaching helps perfect your understanding of taking the shot, so ball and dummy drills.

Earl

Nice thing about pictures is taking a hard look at oneself and what you really were doing.

Earl

Just a bit more about families shooting together and the Northwest's infamous weather. Notice that the Sun does break through and that tarps on the ground only help to hold water in pools for swimming.

Earl

And this is a result of great Appleseeds, Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzahhh!

Earl

One of the first overdue presentations, Old Geaser gets his.

oud272

Yep...another Great Appleseed, our second (Her Highness, AKA Pauline and myself), and we had more fun than we did during the hot summer weekend in July when we attended our first. We had plenty of good old NW rain, wind, more rain and plenty of shooting. As Earl pointed out, tarps really don't work, they just make a pond for the shooting mat to float on. So don't cancel your weekend if the weather looks bad, leave the tarps at home and enjoy the shooting. The rifles don't care if it's wet or dry.

Some great photos posted by Earl. If you look at the ones of "The Grey's of England" and "Tension Tightens...." you'll see us at work. The eagled eyed of you will see that I have patches on my shooting jacket dated 1959....No I didn't earn them in '59, I just purchsed the jacket off eBay (it smells a bit but it was cheap) and didn't bother taking them off. This may have been a contributing factor causing one of the instructors, to be name less unless he would like to own up to it, to call me "Pops".

I also seemed to have earned the name "English Bob" but I'm not to sure how to change my user ID over to that without re-registering, so I'll have to stick with oud272 for now.

Cheers for now,
Dave (the Brit)

Wade

On the water issue there was 1 man that come's to mind that I will call MR Persistance ,Tarp loaded with perhaps a gallon or 2 of waterdumped on him 5 or 6 times the first time it happened is the only time I heard im say anything about it something to the effect of "Praise Jesus for the adversity in life" then he breathed in breath out Bang in out Bang etc,,, Youngsters and Ladys on the line I am sure he  wanted to say something else :o but haveing bolth persistance and self contol he did not,  O0

Wade
WOOF!

Kratos

The tarps prevent mud from being tracked everywhere and getting onto everything.  Even with canopies, the rain finds a way onto the ground where the instructors must walk and shooters must lay.

Wade

Some time's the Washington dedicated appleseed range is the Washington dedicated appleseed Swamp :o ::)
Lucky for us there was only 1 Gator this last weekend
Wade
WOOF!

Sniper Buddy

I attended my first Appleseed event this weekend and, boy, what a great experience it was! The instructors were very knowledgeable and well versed, the event was very organized and safe, and the shooters were interesting and friendly. They really made everyone feel welcome. I can't wait to attend another one!

kool aid

Travel being what it is, I was unable to attend saturday.

Sunday, at the crack of dawn was another matter entirly.

It is nice to see the growth of the program in the Pacific North West, as charaterized by the high level of "getting with the program" I saw on sunday. Good job all who braved the elements.

English Bob- good one for you. I believe you shot 98 on stage 4? Was I dreaming?

More later.....

Kool- out
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Wade

Quote from: kool aid on September 07, 2009, 08:43:57 PM
Travel being what it is, I was unable to attend saturday.

Sunday, at the crack of dawn was another matter entirly.

It is nice to see the growth of the program in the Pacific North West, as charaterized by the high level of "getting with the program" I saw on sunday. Good job all who braved the elements.

English Bob- good one for you. I believe you shot 98 on stage 4? Was I dreaming?

More later.....

Kool- out

No dream Koolaid I scored that one  and had it double checked  98 in 4th stage. O0

Wade
WOOF!

Jeffersonian1

Whew!  Shoulda given out Navy Lifesaving Medals with the Rifleman patches!  Some of my stuff still isn't dry.

I got a bunch of photos, 25 of which can be downloaded in a 19Mb .ZIP from here:

http://jeffersonian.name/appleseed090905.zip

I've also 'blogged the event, starting here:

http://jeffersonian.therealgunguys.com/blog0909.html#2306

I got my patch in June, and I have constant car & money trouble, so I don't know if I'll make it to the next one 31 Oct/1 Nov, but I hope to.  I can break 210 with my LTR almost every time, but I still haven't done it with my M1.
Criminals Prefer Unarmed Victims.
Oppressive Regimes Prefer Unarmed Subjects.

oud272

Kool aid,
nope you weren't dreaming, although I thought I was. I got some good sheets that day (got a 100 on the next paper stage 4, the rain gods were really shining on me).

I've got to give the credit to the instructors and NPOA. When you put NPOA into practice it really works. After each shot the muzzle was returning dead on with no heaving or grunting to get it back on target, all I had to do was squeeze.....the trigger and follow through, althought the follow through needs a lot more work.

Hope to see you all at the next Castle Rock Appleseed, Her Highness (AKA Pauline) is really looking forward to shooting the pumpkins.

Cheers,
English Bob (AKA Dave the Brit, AKA oud272)

SnowFlake

It was a beautiful shoot. I was only able to make it for Sunday, but it was defiantly worth the rain!

My little brother Daniel enjoyed it immensely, and is well on his way to become a rifleman soon.

Larry thank you for letting me use your 10/22 and coaching both of us. Lee & Weeler Thanks for turning me into a instructor in training. The orange hat looks quiet nice  O0. Now the real work begins.

Earl, kool aid, Wade, and the rest of the crew thank you for making it worthwhile.

I am happy to see more women and youth attending, thanks to everyone for spreading the word.

-Nadia

SnowFlake

Quote from: SnowFlake on September 07, 2009, 10:04:38 PM
It was a beautiful shoot. I was only able to make it for Sunday, but it was defiantly worth the rain!

My little brother Daniel enjoyed it immensely, and is well on his way to become a rifleman soon.

Larry thank you for letting me use your 10/22 and coaching both of us. Lee & Wheeler Thanks for turning me into a instructor in training. The orange hat looks quiet nice  O0. Now the real work begins.

Earl, kool aid, Wade, and the rest of the crew thank you for making it worthwhile.

I am happy to see more women and youth attending  O0

-Nadia

johnso515

This was our first Appleseed and Debbie's first experience shooting a rifle.  We had a blast..

Debbie and I want to extend a hearty thanks to everyone for an amazing event. 

I'll post some of our pics shortly - we are still drying out ..

-jss

Wade

Note the one Rifleman that made it on a 210 score only needed a small splash of water to complete his Riflemans babtisaim **)
WOOF!

Big Sal

Okay - late post here...but I just wanted to say what a phenomenal time I had that weekend...AGAIN !  Hats off to my brother-in-law (Grant) for making rifleman and stepping up to the plate as an instructor.  Volunteering your time to pass down the marksmanship heritage from our founding fathers is a selfless and patriotic act.   O0

Hats off to you too, Nadia...for the same.  Who was the 3rd person to become an instructor?  Was it Larry? 

Lee - I'm glad you hung with us - same thing next time if you're in.

I didn't get my patch yet but I'm a better shooter and a better person.  Congrats to those who got theirs.

We'll be back on Halloween with my camper, hardware and more people...and yes, there goes the neighborhood.  :~

Wade, thanks again for the use of your property and letting us camp in front of your house.  Good times, bro.

Kool aid - thanks for attempting to rid me of those gremlins.

Wheeler - I'm proud to call you friend.  Thanks for being who you are.

New York

P.S.  Ssshhhhhhhhhhh...I'm working on a DAR with a patriotic bunch near Lincoln City, OR.  The range is almost done.  It looks promising.  More later.
�To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them�  -Richard Henry Lee, Signer of the Declaration of Independence