News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA December 10-11

Started by Invictus Maneo, December 13, 2016, 07:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Winterseed redifined!!!
Single digit wind chill, unseasonable cold and snow and a great group  of Americans. Who could ask for more!
For starters, a big thanks to BVPRC for hosting Appleseed again. This is the range where I earned my spurs, Orange Hat Red Hat and SB so I am admittedly biased. EZ3 and BVRPC have supported Appleseed since I have been involved and have continually improved and upgraded the facilities. An added bonus especially this past weekend was the new sheltered range. It was nice to shoot from under cover and had at least a cold concrete pad underneath. Thank you EZ3 and BVRPC.
Great group of students and Instructors. Always reaffirming to see families, a father and daughter and a father and two sons. All showed great improvement and also a boat load of perseverance considering the non stop snow and wind.
Toni showed great improvement with good groups and also was an outstanding student. I wish her friend Lisa had returned on Sunday as she also had a great attitude and was bound and determined to learn and use her bolt gun to do it Old School. Ed qualified after much determination and concentration. Mike also qualified even after dropping two shots and cleared his Redcoat on Sunday afternoon.Congratulations to Crazyduckhunter for his promotion to Blue Hat RSO as well as Raybiker73 for his promotion to ITT3. Thanks to all for keeping me even and on course. We are still looking for the Elvis sighting.....
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Texas T

Sounds like a great time. I had planned to be there, early on, but found a calendar conflict that took me across the country to attend a college graduation. Oh well, gotta take care of the family too. Maybe next time...

Congrats to those who were able to qualify, even with the weather, and thanks for stepping forward to Shoot Boss the event.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

Sorry I missed it.

Sounds like a great shoot.  Hopefully the weather will be with us for the April 19th shoot. O0

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

I would like to say a big thank you to all that attended this true winter seed either as a instructor and especially to the students! I went to this AS not knowing what to expect since I was there as a first time blue hat Applecore. I wanted to get a feel for the program from the other side of the fence. I felt very welcomed by all in my new role. The Shoot boss suggested that I also take the RSO test so that I was able to help on the line. This allowed the instructors to put more time into instructing. This weekend has definetely made me even more committed to the AS program. Can't wait until the next AS!

EZ3

As I said in reporting on the event at our membership meeting Monday night, the fact that only half the students registered for our sold-out event showed up mostly indicates that the other half had more common sense.  At least we had no health issues related to the weather, and two new Riflemen out of seven students rocks!

The proposed dates for BVRPC in 2017 were submitted and approved at the meeting, but later I was notified of a range scheduling conflict for the April event.  The events will be up on the calendar soon.  Some will be glad to hear there is no event scheduled for August next year.   ::)

BTW, rumor has it there is a photographic record of this event.  Five dashing gents in hats of various hues.  Has anyone seen this?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

glock1911

I sent to yinz'z the day after the shoot... I guess it didn't make it. Here is the pix of the 5 gent's that EZ3 was speaking of. It was a wonderful brisk 2 days!
Klint Macro
Founder of The Trigger Pressers Union
Co-Administrator of National Train A Teacher Day
www.triggerpressersunion.com
www.nationaltrainateacherday.com