News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend, WA November 12-13

Started by janer, November 16, 2016, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

We had it all this weekend at Jefferson County Sportsmen's Association in Port Townsend, WA.  Overcast, rain and wind, but this enthusiastic group of shooters stayed with it.  We had 13 on Saturday, they went home quite soaked, but 10 returned to do it again on Sunday

They took in history, and the marksmanship instruction, resulting in 5 new riflemen and several others knocking at the door.

Congratulations to Riflemen Beau, Aaron, Robert, India, and Alex. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

I really enjoyed working with everyone in this group.  I hope to see each of you again at a future Appleseed.  Maybe in the summer?

As always it is a pleasure to hold events at JCSA.  We appreciate your great support of Project Appleseed.

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

maxwell

This was a great group of shooters to work with. Robert and Alex turned in solid scores on their Saturday AQT, in spite of waning light and literally lying in a puddle of water outside the temporary shelter! I was impressed overall with shooter attitudes and persistence; this was the strongest group of shooters I've seen at JCSA, and I'd like to see some of them back as instructors. Most of those who didn't shoot Rifleman scores will be there with some dry practice, I think.

Earl

http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-weekend-away.html  My blog post.

This was a really good Appleseed.  Seeing repeat shooters and everyone having a good time, safely learning all we had to teach, sharing their energy and skills. Glad I was able to do something to help everyone get better and look forward to doing it all again. 

Lovely people, on target and on time. See you all on the range.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.