News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA Oct 22/23 2016 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, October 20, 2016, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Our weekend is almost upon us. Weather is looking reasonable for October. A few last minute spots have opened up so grab a rifle and show up Saturday morning. If we can squeeze you in, we will  O0

Kimber Custom

15 Patriots came out to hear the story of April 19th and improve their marksmanship skills. Most had been to previous events and many had previously shot Riflemen. We did manage to forge 1 new Rifleman - Huzzah to William! Matt maintained his skills and made score with his center fire rifle. Equipment and ammunition difficulties kept the forge too cool to mint any others.

A huge thanks to Lou and the Central Whidbey Sportsmen's Association for allowing us to use their beautiful range this weekend. Stay tuned for 2017 dates.

Unusually shy group of shooters limited pictures to instructors and scenery but here's what I got https://goo.gl/photos/Uh6u7B2AC9tBUSQ19

Please do help us spread the word - we will be in Ariel, WA next weekend and Custer, WA next month. http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=WA&statename=Washington

Earl

I am always happy to get away from the electronic noises that ring through my home, on the road to an Appleseed event.  Wake early drive safely through the night and fog and maybe rain... a line of cars waiting at the locked gate, but not too long. Then we roll in and set up, saying hello to each other.

Seventeen shooters became fifteen shooters, and after the first day only twelve shooters. Since so many knew me from previous events at this same location in worse weather, I was hoping for more Riflemen and repeat Riflemen. It had been a while since I had been there. 

We taught it all, and I noticed some shooters were trying to do everything on each shot, and hadn't worked it into just a pattern of repeat actions. I did enjoy coaching but kept thinking we should have mastered some of it before but it had been a while. I recommend dry practice, a lot of it. For those using a hasty sling in the prone, sew a button above your triceps on your support side sleeve, or go to the loop sling and many more push-ups until the muscled will hold the sling up.

http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2016/10/appleseed-doesnt-keep-me-away-too-long.html  My blog post for this shoot, so happy to see you are all still shooting, hoping the next time we share the range you impress me with your marksmanship and I get an opportunity to wow you with mine. Keep Liberty alive!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.