News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, WA Sept 24/25 2016 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, September 21, 2016, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Sold out event coming up this weekend in Custer, WA. Weather is looking fantastic. Looking forward to a weekend of Marksmanship, History and Heritage.

Kimber Custom

Couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Great group of engaged shooters. Full line, enough instructors, 2 new Riflemen and everyone had a good time (judging by the tired smiles Sunday).

Our 3 Young Patriots all showed promise. Gage was shooting in the 180's. Just needs a few details tweaked to put it all together. Ellie's form was better than her scores reflected. I'll be a scoped rifle would double her score. Mike turned in an AQT with 100 points on stage 1-3 and 0 on stage 4. Zero!!! Slow down Mike. Only hits count.

Jeri, I wish we had gotten you dialed in a little better. Rifle fit, position, zero all seemed just a little off. But I have to say, you and Roy are doing a great job as parents. Your family shined bright this weekend.

I wasn't sure if Paul brought Brianna or Brianna brought Paul - either way it was a pleasure to have you both. Brianna was shooting in the 180's with no sling! A few equipment tweaks for both of you and some dry practice - Paul, focus on that trigger and breath control; the rest will come. Paul cleared his Sunday PM Redcoat so clearly something is working.

Congratulations to Troy and Elliot on their Riflemen patches. I didn't see the last AQT to see if either of you broke the tie of 221 for the high score of the weekend. Amazing what happens when you don't fuss the shot.

Renato, Roy, Nathan, Mike and Brad all have skills - a little refinement will yield Riflemen patches.

Here are some of the pictures I took. I'm sure Earl and Andy will get their pictures up soon: https://goo.gl/photos/M7eSqaL63eJKhUjbA

Our next event in Custer will be Nov 19 & 20: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/custer-wa-appleseed-november-19-20-2016-tickets-20304469214

GTEngineer

The weekend was beautiful and everyone present were attentive, the results showed in the morning/afternoon redcoat targets.

Brianna:  You did amazingly well with no sling and one magazine, I am impressed.  Keep practicing!

Paul:  I applaud your willingness to push through even though equipment/scope/glasses issues caused a lot of frustration.  Thank you very much for letting me use your bore sight to get my new scope on paper for fine tuning.  Keep practicing!

Nathan:  Your groups throughout the day showed improvement time and time again, keep practicing the fundamentals (steady hold factors, NPOA, etc).  As you witnessed during the sighting in we did at the end of Sunday, IMC does not lie and gets you on the proper target much faster.

Gabe:  You stuck through the day even though it got pretty warm (for WA standards) on Sunday, I apologize for ending the prep period on stage 2 as I did not notice you were not ready.  Your groups were impressive looking on the squares and I can tell you were trying very hard.  Remember, a rifleman persists and I am sure that you will continue to improve.  Hope to see you and your father at the next event!

Mike W:  We hope that the weekend has been enjoyable for you and your family, we hope that all will come back to our next event in the surrounding area.

Renato:  I can tell throughout the weekend that your groups are improving and your dedication is starting to pay off.  Keep practicing the fundamentals and I hope that you will come back to our next event in the area.

Troy:  Congratulations on earning your patch!  Remember there is always the KD event to pursue as well, keep practicing the fundamentals as rifle marksmanship is a perishable skill if not kept up with practice.  We would be honored if you would consider taking on an orange hat or blue hat to join us and teach others what you have learned.  Remember, "What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."  Your persistence finally paid off in two impressive qualification scores.

Brad: Your groups showed improvements throughout the day.  Keep practicing the fundamentals!

Roy:  Remember to keep practicing the fundamentals, I know the weekend has been somewhat frustrating with equipment issues but I hope it has been instructive as well for everyone.  Steady Hold Factors and NPOA can be practiced anywhere you have room to spread out in the prone position.  A rifleman persists!  If you are interested in the sling adaptor that I loaned to your family, they can be found at http://www.ebay.com/itm/141899026956 (full disclosure, this is not my ebay listing, however it is designed by an instructor that is no longer active within Project Appleseed.)

Elie: I know the weekend has been frustrating fighting with the sights, having you dialed in on Sunday shows that you have what it takes to make the shot (4 out of 5 in the black in that last sighter group).  Keep practicing the fundamentals and I hope to see you on the line again!

Mike: I know the weekend has been frustrating for you as well trying to keep from being hit with spent brass, please consider wearing long sleeve shirts next time to protect your arms.  Keep practicing the fundamentals and persist!

Jeri: Thank you for your patience and attention throughout the weekend, your groups showed improvement as the days continued.

Elliott:  Congratulations on earning your patch as well.   Remember to keep practicing the fundamentals as rifle marksmanship is a perishable skill if not kept up with practice.  We would be honored if you would consider taking on an orange hat or blue hat to join us and teach others what you have learned.  Your persistence finally paid off in two impressive qualification scores.  Well Done!

All attendees:  It has been a pleasure working with you this weekend, thank you for your attention and your patience.  I hope that the message of Liberty and the sacrifices made by those before us will not be forgotten.  Please help us spread the word of Liberty and bring friends to the next event!

All Instructors:  It has been a pleasure working with you, I hope to see you again at the next event!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Manga_Spawn

Hi guys Elliott here.

Thanks to all the instructors for a great event.  It was extremely informative and fun.  Really proud that I earned my patch!  Apparently dialing a scope back with worth 12 points!

Kimber my second score was a 215 so I did not beat my 221 so me and Troy remain even.  We will have to break the tie at the next event.  240 sounds like a good goal to try for.  I'll definitely keep practicing.

As for wearing one of the hats all I can say is I'm not ready right now but maybe in the future. 

Earl

No news for two days while on the line in the Appleseed in Custer, WA, that is so refreshing, breaking free of the monitor and cable. ::)

Great bunch of shooters, very glad to see Mike and Gabe returning, steady improvement. O0

Families shooting together always makes me happy. ^:)^

Things I learned again, steady hold factors work even without a sling.  The rifleman is more than his rifle, happy shooters are the ones still learning and gaining skills that will keep them returning for more. ;)

The only thing I want to repeat: Dry practice, dry practice the steady hold factors, six steps for making the shot, and rifleman's cadence. Hope to see y'all on the line again.  Liberty is a most wonderful thing.  :sb:

from my blog grabbing my pictures:http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2016/09/pictures-of-near-past.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Texas T

Congrats, Troy and Elliott, on earning your patches. Sounds like another round is in the works to break the tie. Good luck to both of you.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017