News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Waitsburg Gun Club, Waitsburg, WA, Aug 27-28 2016 Event

Started by Theophilus, August 29, 2016, 08:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

Seventeen participants gathered to learn some American Heritage and rifle marksmanship.
The weather was a windy 90 degrees both days.
The heat overcame several that did not return on Sunday, and the remaining 13 that returned decided that they had had enough at about 3:30pm Sunday afternoon.
Nonetheless, all declared they had a good time and I think we'll see many returnees.

Some pictures to follow in another post.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Earl

This was a very tough Appleseed, only the wind needed to calm down.  Well, I do have to admit I learned a lot.

The shooters kept me so busy that I forgot to take some pictures while I walked the line coaching on a steady hold factor or on a technique in follow through. I hope that by the second day many of the six steps were becoming habitual. Dry practice will save you lots of money and get you best prepared for going to the range and shooting.

The sweetest phrase I heard from a shooter was one that kept telling me, as he proudly displayed his target, is that it was 'true' what I had been trying to instruct.  Of course, all the instructors know it is true, but when the shooters find it out, that makes all our efforts worthy. I do hope you will read more about the American Revolution, books recommended are found on the forum.  I did write a blog post about my very long Saturday.

http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2016/08/you-looked-and-signed-up-to-help.html   My two pictures are on that post, hoping you will share yours.

See everyone at another Appleseed where I might be able to stick around working both days.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.