News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Olympia, WA Aug 6/7 Civil Air Patrol Event

Started by Kimber Custom, August 03, 2016, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Inaugural event at Evergreen Sportsmen's Club in Olympia, WA is this weekend. This is a private event for the Civil Air Patrol cadets. A huge thanks to DrRichP, Janer, Earl, Whit, Flipper, Maxwell, Yankee Terrier and Bandmask for all the support of time and gear.

Kimber Custom

21 cadets got traditional marksmanship instruction and a healthy dose of heritage and history. First - if you haven't worked with cadets before; WOW  :bow: these guys will give you hope for the youth of today. Attentive, engaged, respectful and eager.

We weren't able to forge any riflemen but several were knocking with a high score of 207. Only 2 AQT's this weekend so not much opportunity but I expect to see some familiar faces throughout the NW at standard Appleseed weekends.

We are waiting on permission to post pictures. If we get it, I'll post some up.

Thanks again for all who made the effort necessary to put this event on. I hope we will see some public events hosted by Evergreen Sportsmen's Club.

Kimber Custom

Earl

Great Appleseed, nice ranges, twenty-one cadets willing to learn and lots of borrowed equipment to make it happen.
http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2016/08/time-to-replace-old-rwva-cap.html  ^:)^
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

DrRichP

This looks like a great event. I wish I could have been there in more than just equipment. Keep up the good work team!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy