News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN Jan 24-25, 2015

Started by ATM, January 25, 2015, 09:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

What a great winter weekend for another Appleseed at Crawfordsville Gun Club! Marksmanship, heritage, old friends and new.

It was a small group, but hardy and formidable, conquering the chill and those pesky redcoats with cups of hot chocolate and piles of hot brass.   ^-^

Joe - you made excellent progress on Saturday, especially for your first time behind a rifle! Hope to see you back soon for both days.

John - glad you could make it out to join us on Sunday. Your standing groups were amazing! Give the bucket a try like we talked about and let me know how it works for you.

Nate - Well done. Backed up your Rifleman score with the centerfire and ...stepped up to take an orange hat! Huzzah!

Thanks for coming out, everyone, it was awesome.  ;)

ATM
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Richard1580

That was a fun weekend.  Of course, any weekend at a Crawfordsville Appleseed shoot is going to be fun, because .... Crawfordsville means ATM, and ATM means ... BACON!

The weather was actually not that bad, a bit chilly, a bit of damp, but actually better than I expected.

It was a very laid back shoot and I think everyone had a great time.  I can only marvel at how well Joe did on the bolt action rifle he was using.  Exceptional.  It was great seeing Nate not only shoot Rifleman (again), but steadily improve his shooting throughout the weekend - and top it off by taking an orange hat.  Well done!

I did my first storytelling, and while it was very rough, doing it before a small group greatly reduced the nervousness of speaking before a group.  Hopefully, I did not get too many of my facts wrong.

I think Crawfordsville will be a regular event for us.  Well done to everyone who came out and made it a great weekend.  And thanks to the Crawfordsville Gun Club for lending its support to Project Appleseed!

Nate Suns

What a great weekend! The weather probably wasn't what most people would call ideal, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It had been awhile since my last AS and the great crew of instructors got me back up to speed quickly. I'll try to get Joe on here to tell his point of view but he already said he can't wait to get back and earn a patch for himself.

The first day was a slow start to get zeroed but after a few well instructed squares we were on target. The 2:1 instructor to student ratio may have helped but Joe and I both got into the swing of things pretty quick. I may have heard a few very subtle hints about how great it is to be an instructor throughout the day. The rifleman score eluded me the first day but it was close enough I was confident going into Sunday.

Sunday started with a little drizzle and some more hot chocolate. We had a quick review we were back at it. After another round of pesky redcoats and one last round of squares we were on the the AQTs. Everything came together the first time through and I was able to earn my Rifleman bacon one more time. I can't thank the instructors enough for helping me with all the little things that make a huge difference down range. Seeing this hardy crew of instructors out there telling us stories about our heritage and teaching us marksmanship in the wet and cold, even with the tiny turnout, was the last push I needed to know that I wanted to join their ranks. I talked to ATM after lunch and received my orange hat at the 100yd line. I'm excited to get started!

So thanks again ATM, TJ, Lonestar and Richard! You've inspired me to take the next step, and I look forward to joining your ranks.

Lonestar6

What a great weekend. Crawfordsville is like coming home for Rich and I. Nate, Joe and John  were great students and resilient to the weather. Nate was about 2degrees short of duplicating his winterseed patch, settling for a brown rifleman patch and orange hat....HUZZAH! ^:)^ :---
On the instructor side ATM was in top form serving bacon, singing safe rifles and telling strikes. TJ continues to set a good example of what solid instruction looks like. Rich is enjoying his blue hat and did a smashing job with his first DOM. Makes me proud to be an American!
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

TJ Kackowski

Sorry for the delay getting these photos posted ... once again, work got in the way of my Seeding.

We were a small, but committed group at Crawfordsville.  This allowed the Instructors to spend extra time with the students, and to spend some time on the line.

We didn't realize until late on Saturday that nobody had been taking pictures.  In fact, nobody had remembered to pack along a camera.  So, out came my cell phone.  In the end, there were more blurry pictures than clear.  The best of the lot follow.

Saturday

Sunday

Coffee and Bacon keep ATM working, but Breakfree CLP keeps ATM's AR working.

Nate Suns requalifies as a Rifleman, this time with his AR.  He also decided to step up and take an Orange hat (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=44138.0 ). HUZZAH!