News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Yakima Oct 18-19 2014

Started by Rizzin, October 19, 2014, 11:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzin

Had a wonderful weekend with nice weather and better shooters.

Jonathan and Bret missed you on Sun but understand and hope you can make it to another event.

Brad, good start at Appleseed and you are shooting well. Dry practice and work on steady hold factors for positions we talked about will help you the most for your next event.

Will upload pictures tomorrow as soon as I can get off my camera.

Earl

Seven years ago, 2008, in October I started my Appleseed trail at this fine range, with my trusty M1 Garand which I knew nothing about, and my Stevens Armory Model single shot target rifle. Wow, time flies when I am having fun.

So a two day Appleseed event, I am looking forward to working with Ralph and Rizzin, cause we have been together before. And we have six shooters to make marksmen or Riflemen and explain our Heritage of standing for Liberty in sleepy dairy towns and villages.

Bret, Brad, Jonathan, Geri, Mark and Christina came to learn and share.

Bret -- I recommend more patience in your pace, can't hurry perfect and we only need good.

Jonathan - good solid picking up the instruction, you would have shined with one more day - please come back again.

Brad -- watch out for curling into cant, remember not to out think your shot, you use too much time and will miss larger.

Christina - mechanical challenges well met, frustration levels high but under control - when you put it all together and get the shot off, you are on target. Excellent shooting, scoring very well with the bullets spent.

Geri - solid shooting, and it shows you know what you are about, the AQT pace is frenzied but you handled both days very well and I expect that you will get your deer every year you hunt, hope you liked hearing about the heritage as much as I liked telling it.

Mark, once your neck stretched out a bit, you overcame most of your shooting challenges, being your second Appleseed you are doing fine work, and can refine the little points to make sure tired standing position doesn't overcome your thrill of taking the shot, and don't shoot the second target until you finish that round on the first. A hole between two targets is a zero.

Looking forward to seeing you all at future Appleseeds in your areas, and thanks for making my weekend a great time!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.