News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA 5-6 July 2014

Started by Earl, July 06, 2014, 01:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

What a fine way to spend the day after Independence Day - in marksmanship and honoring the heritage. Thanks for allowing me to shoot. My timing is right on for Stage 2 and 3, now if I get my sights locked in I should be really a fine example.

I do wish everyone another safe day of shooting and some Dangerous Old Men stories. See you on the trail. ;)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

George Hacker

Earl, thank you for getting this AAR started and for posting those fine pictures. It was a pleasure having you on the line. You have been so busy running shoots and instructing lately, it was good to see you get behind one of your rifles and to spend the day with you.

The weather this weekend was a little hot, but it was outstanding - no rain! (Although janer said she felt a couple drops fall on Saturday.) One of our shooters, Jeff, kenjo, and I shared breakfast on Sunday morning. What a great time of fellowship. Also, Jeff barbecued  burgers for himself and each of our instructor crew Sunday evening. That was also a special treat.

Everyone improved as the weekend went along. Anje, Jeff, and David were all knocking on the door to becoming riflemen. We had a few scores over 200, but none climbed above the 210 mark. Someone commented that RWVA does not hand out patches like youth soccer trophies, and they had that right.

Pastor Tim spent the day with us Saturday. Sadly, like Earl, he couldn't spend Sunday with us - he had some other commitments he had to keep.

It was great seeing families on the line, shooting together. Ben and Lucy were real troopers and they earned their youth patriot patches because of their determination and great, teachable attitudes. Tim and Anje, you are doing a fine job raising your children.

Mark and Sarah - glad you could have a little Appleseed marriage encounter on Saturday. Sorry the fireworks kept you up all night Friday night and Saturday night. I wish you would have camped on the range. It was much quieter than the public campground you two stayed at. You have the basics, so you can continue to work with each other on your marksmanship.

Jacob and Natosha, it was a pleasure working with you two. Although the sling was awkward at first, you continued one and your steady hold factors were getting better after each string of fire. Dry practice at home with your rifle so you can practice the 6-steps so that they become automatic, then go to the range to confirm what you learned.

David, you improved a lot. I'm sure we have a patch with your name on it, just keep practicing.

Thank you, Wolverton Mountain Gun Club, for hosting this event. You are a great club to work with.

kenjo and janer - it was a pleasure working the shoot with you both. Your storytelling was excellent and we all worked well together. kenjo pretty much ran the shoot from start to finish and he did an excellent job. I have a funny feeling that there is a green hat in store for you in the near future. Well done, running a safe, informative, and fun shoot.

In liberty,

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

Hot and humid, but our shooters came off the couch and brought their teachable attitudes and determination to Ariel--a great way to celebrate Independence Day weekend, and to be reminded of the sacrifices made to give us the freedom we now enjoy.

All the shooters worked hard and showed improvement through the weekend. We weren't able to award any patches but Jeff, Anje and David are definitely approaching the crest. Jeff, with a 208 and 204 would have made it if it was a 3 day Appleseed...Speaking of Jeff, thanks again for the fine, gourmet grilled burgers Sunday evening. Very appreciated.

Here's Janer watching the line:

David, Jacob and Natosha going for those redcoats:

David and Jeff, transition to stage 2

Jeff, Tim

Janer looks on as Ben and Lucy rock stage 4

Once again it was a pleasure to work with another group of dedicated patriots with Shadowman and Janer.

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

janer

We had two young patriots who hung in there for all the instruction and shooting, even in the heat and humidity.  Lucy and Ben both had teachable attitudes and worked very hard at using what they were learning.  Ben, you seriously wounded that peppermint!

Several shooters were very close to their rifleman patch scores, and for a number of others it seemed like it was really starting to "click" on Sunday.  Do your homework.  There are instructions in the packet in info you received.  It does not take any ammo to practice getting into position and checking your steady hold factors, practice finding your NPOA, and magazine changes.  (Be SURE your rifle and mags are unloaded.  Triple check.)

I hope to see everyone at a future Appleseed.

Jeff, thanks for making the instructors dinner Sunday.  That was great!

George Hacker

These are some pictures submitted by one of our shooters. Thanks for sending them in! O0
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."