News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN June 21-22, 2014

Started by ATM, June 22, 2014, 06:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Day 1 at Crawfordsville Gun Club was pretty awesome! It was a safe, fun day with lots of families spending time together on the line practicing marksmanship and making renewed connections with our history and heritage.

Can't wait to see everyone back again today ...check back for more comments and pictures after the event.

:pop:
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

ATM

Day 2 saw nearly everyone return to continue where we left off. With a brief refresher, quizzing the attendees to make sure they remembered the many points of instruction, we picked up the pace with lots more shooting, coaching, fine-tuning, and of course more inspiring stories.

It was awesome to have so many families attending together! This was a great cross-section of America sharing and encouraging one another. Friendships were forged and spirits were high as we overcame every obstacle together as a group.

Groups kept shrinking, AQT scores kept rising and everyone did a fantastic job staying focused on safety and the fundamentals despite the heat and humidity.  O0

Please leave us some feedback here and let us know your thoughts on the event now that you've had a chance to reflect. We're always looking to improve the experience and hope you'll take that 7th step by telling others, bringing them back with you to another Appleseed event and continuing the heritage.  :)

Thanks so much for each of your roles in making this another awesome and rewarding weekend!

ATM
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

americanbob

This was my first Appleseed and it will not be my last!  All of the instructors were great and made the class fun as well as informative. 

greyfox

"Hot Fun in the Summertime" and "It's as Family Affair" were banging away in the back of my 60's sentimentality all weekend at the Crawfordsville Gun Club edition of Project Appleseed. That is...in between multiple musical iterations of "Safe Rifle"  by Shoot Boss ATM following each and every "Ceasefire, Ceasefire, Ceasefire...Unload and Clear!

So...there we were, nearly two dozen shooters and instructors "rocking on" each day...from early morning to late afternoon...from paper targets to steel...sharing stories about America's incredible birthing on April 19, 1775, slinging up and working our way together, family by family, through persistent marksmanship training toward becoming empowered and capable Riflemen.   

It was beyond hot fun...it was way, way cool! Cool as the two boxes of frozen flavored ices we summarily demolished on Saturday afternoon. Talk about teamwork.

American's all...proud of our nation's beginnings, optimistic about the power of an informed and involved citizenry, delighted that we among the people's of the world recognize that every free man and women has the inalienable right and the responsibility to keep and bear arms.

Huzzah!

RBKL

Another beautiful sunny weekend in Crawfordsville.  There were 19 people on the line Saturday morning.  16 made it back for a fun filled Sunday.  I finally managed got pry the photos out of my phone.  Hopefully I can remember how to post.

Here is the shining group of young shooters.  All started the weekend with an open mind and finished with a smile on their faces.

I have a few more photos to post and hope to get to them tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and spending the weekend with us, and hope to see you all again soon

More photos to come.

RBKL

grunt soldier

what a great weekend.  I could only make it sunday do to work but it was a great day.  You all did extremely well and were very open to the instruction.   

I personally really want to thank the Youth shooters who showed up.  You give me hope for the future!  thank you so much for sacrificing your weekend to learn about your heritage! 

Everyone keep with it.  I saw tons of improvement in all of you.  Most are knocking on the door and just need to get over that final little hump. 

Please come back and see us soon!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.