News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Brazil, IN - June 14-15, 2014 AAR

Started by stagehand steve, June 20, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stagehand steve

Great times with our shooters.  We got to have some very good one-on-one instruction with Matt and Andy.

Matt, you were a great student.  Bring back some of your buddies from your unit!  Andy, what a model of endurance and effort you were.  You were a pleasure to have on the line.

Hopefully we'll see you guys again!  Bring some friends!

Thanks again to ProTEQ Firearms Academy for hosting and the fire department for feeding us.

== stagehand steve ==

We could have used some more shooters, but the ones we had got lots of attention!

A great lunch provided by the local volunteer fire department:

Big John picks up a friend while calling the line:

"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

brianheeter

We had plenty of room on the line but the two shooters we had were great.  Both were lefties and that made for some interesting demo dummy moments as I determined that I would model the positions as a leftie.  I spent most of my time with Andy and we teamed up to be the Kings of Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.  Andy didn't have use of his right hand so he would watch and listen to the instruction and then he and I would get together and figure out what modifications we needed to make for him.  He was the spirit of perseverance!

Thanks once again to ProTEQ Firearms Academy for hosting the shoot and the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department for their support.  If you come to an Appleseed shoot in Brazil and go hungry, it's your fault!

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Big John

Good weekend. Proteq range is a unique place where good instruction can be had. With firemen furnished lunch, the only danger was falling asleep afterwards, but we had riveting history to tell, so no problems there.

Two good shooters, both of which will make Riflemen, I am sure. Andy was the picture of perseverance and will return and win the day. Our other shooter, Matt, did well combining his military training with the AS instruction and will return and also get the patch. Lots of personal instruction to be had.

Some pictures,

1. Steve instructs on lefthanded prone while Brian models to Andy and Matt with Riflegirl.

2. Brian demonstrates the importance of not being tensed up in position.

3. Our two shooters.

4. WE IMC.