News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka, FL - June 14-15, 2014 - Don’t shoot Bambi!

Started by 308LIBERTY, June 18, 2014, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

The day before, only 3 shooters were signed up but 11 actually made their way out to Myakka for a fine weekend of shooting. We had a few repeat customers who are inching closer and closer to Riflemen and women each time I see them. We saw some of the highest AQT scores for a Saturday I've yet witnessed and at least half got the cold-bore "plank" shot on the evening's redcoat. Two new Riflemen patches were awarded to a husband and wife who both know what they are about. (I think they each cleared  a redcoat as well). Congrats, Mark and Barbara.

By Sunday we were just a few degrees shy of an "Infernoseed" It was hot but our shooters were smokin'. We honored the founding fathers on a brilliantly sunny Father's Day afternoon. One new Rifleman earned his patch (Congrats! Frank) and young Victor proved he hasn't lost his touch and earned 2 more to add to his collection. His little brother Christian won't be far behind and already shoots better than a lot of adults. Young Sophia is almost there too and I think her next shoot just might be the one.

By Sunday night, we had at least 6 out of 8 shooters make the "plank" shot on the redcoat. Most impressive! I hope to see you all out on the line again soon. Don't forget to dry fire and practice those pesky transitions until they become second nature. As always, I'm honored to spend my weekend with such a fine group of individuals. Huzzah!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Pictures from Saturday.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

colycat

The best thing to do with a cleared redcoat is to post it on a post at a busy pedestrian crosswalk. 
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

slim

Quote from: colycat on June 18, 2014, 08:47:01 PM
The best thing to do with a cleared redcoat is to post it on a post at a busy pedestrian crosswalk.

My buddy Slow2Speak says "That's so Tories know what we're up to this weekend."

StevenK

I will do this- I have dozens of them cleared lying around. Thanks for the suggestion.