News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Talkeetna, Alaska June 14 - 15, 2014 AAR

Started by fisherdawg, June 16, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

Placeholder.
Shoot Boss will post AAR within 48 hours.
Please feel free to comment and post photos right now!
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

509gman

It's a great range, we instructors need to avail ourselves of that 1000 yd bay soon!
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

fisherdawg

On Saturday June 14th 2014 fisherdawg, Pete!, 509Gman, AlaskaRed & hogfamily had the pleasure of instructing the first ever Appleseed Event at the Upper Susitna Shooters Association Range at Mile 94 of the George Parks Highway near Talkeetna, Alaska.  We were joined by the Hogfamily Blue Hat crew & Mrs. Fisherdawg for admin assitance on Saturday morning.  Although the clouds threatened and the mosquitos buzzed, conditions actually turned out to be perfect at this beautiful facility.  The USSA Range has 25 yard, 50 yard, 100 yard, 200 yard and 1,000 yard bays.  We shoot on the the 200 yard bay which allowed us to have steel D silhouttes setup at 100 & 200 yards all weekend.  The Instructors can't wait to get back and shoot on the 1,000 yard range! ;D
The following outstanding & teachable Americans joined us on the line:
Doug
Justin
Kat
Kaitlyn
Travis
Richard
Isaac
Michael
Christa
It was our pleasure to instruct the Marksmanship & share the Heritage with all of you.
Saturday morning Rob & Bear from the McKinley Mountain Men Muzzle Loading Rifle Club gave us an amazing demostration of smooth bore muskets and Pennsylvania rifles.  Thank you guys!  ;D
After the demostration and a Redcoat, we dove into the the Instruction.  Our shooters eagerly applied each lesson and steady progress was made by all! ;D
We finished Saturday with an AQT & Redcoat.
Sunday brought 8 of 9 Shooters back and revealed 2 Riflemen:
Doug -- 218
Justin -- 224
HUZZAH!
Kat made tremendous improvement!
Kaitlyn preservered  and progressed
Travis -- just a bit more practice, especially dry fire will get you there!
Isaac -- you hung in there though your sights would not allow that windage adjustment -- you performed the Rifleman's dance very well!
Richard -- I hope you join us again soon
Michael -- 199 on an AQT your first weekend with borrowed equipment is fabulous.  Apply what we taught and you will achieve Rifleman
Christa -- you enthusiasm and smile are fantastic.  Your groups improved all weekend.  With some practice consitentcy will come.  Stay with it and out score your Uncle Pete!, ! >:D
In the afternoon we taught and demostrated KD with the U.S. Rifle Caliber .30 (308) M1 "Garand" Travis, Justin Michael & Isaac truly seemed to enjoy the "greatest battle implement ever devised." ;D
Because of the enthusiasm and determination this was a high round count event with 8 AQT's i the grind on Sunday and a total count around 520. ;D
I look forward to seeing all of you on the  line again.  Spread the word, bring a friend and come again to help us Reignite the Spirit of the American Revolution!
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

fisherdawg

509gman

I hope Isaac bring his gun site scout to the next shoot!
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

fisherdawg

Quote from: 509gman on June 18, 2014, 05:43:29 AM
I hope Isaac bring his gun site scout to the next shoot!

That would be interesting to try to work out to 1,000 yards, now wouldn't it?
(Want one, want one, want one)
I likeeee 308! ;D

Pete!

If Christa out shoots me, I would be very proud of her.  (It would also show my need to dry fire more!)
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

fisherdawg