News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hosting an Appleseed shoot

Started by hankal, June 04, 2014, 09:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankal

Our club in Kinsman, OH is interested in having a shoot.  We had a presentation by a local Appleseed member and the members were impressed.  Can someone or group give us some guidelines such as:
1. Minimum number of participants for a shoot.  I think our firing line can accommodate about 20 safely.
2. What is a good way to promote the shoot so we have a good turn out?
3. What facilities are necessary at the club to insure a good, safe shoot?
4. Any other advice from first time groups, established groups is welcome.
Thanks Hankal

scuzzy

Here's some info to get you started:

http://appleseedinfo.org/host_appleseed.html

Since an instructor has already been to your club I would guess everything at the club meets to the standards we require.

Promotions of the event consists of notifying club members, passing out flyers, and hopefully even notifying local media.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

slim

On that side of the state our volunteers from PA are way more active. I'll loop in Stand and EZ3 for assistance.

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery