News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN April 19th, 2014

Started by ATM, April 20, 2014, 09:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

What a great day at Crawfordsville Gun Club!

Couldn't have asked for a better group of folks to spend the day with, honoring our shared history, improving our marksmanship, and reflecting on our own choices and actions in shaping the course of this nation for our posterity.

It was great see old friends return to this event and to make several new ones by the end of the day.

I thank each of you for coming out and will have more to describe later, so please, leave comments of your own and check back for pictures soon.  :)

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

TheJoker

Couldn't have asked for better instructors/storytellers either.  Thank you all! 

AuntieBellum

An amazing day! The weather was perfect, we had eager Americans learning all about the their heritage, and we got to shoot!  Thank you all for coming out to join us.  You had so many options for your Saturday...yard work, family, movie theaters, parks...and yet, you were at an Appleseed. You made a choice to better yourselves. And we all now know the huge choices our forefathers had to make 239 years ago.  Take what you learned, tell someone else, and keep making those choices.  I look forward to seeing you all again.

:pics:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

TJ Kackowski

Is there any better way to spend Patriot's Day than with a group of fine Americans learning rifle marksmanship and the history of the day? 

It was also Easter weekend.  I overheard a comment from AuntieBellum at the end of the day that caused me pause and gave me even more to be thankful for ... not only were we celebrating the sacrifices of the men and women who founded our country, but on Sunday, we'd be celebrating the sacrifices of another man who gave his life so that we might live ... I truly wish that I had heard that early in the morning (or thought of it myself), but glad nonetheless that I heard it at all.

Enough proselytizing ... here's the pictures.

Set-up

ATM & rimshot enjoying the early morning

AuntieBellum laying down the law to an attentive audience

1st Red Coat ... can you spot the 1st time Appleseeders?

1st (and thankfully only) rifle casualty

The lonely life of a Line Boss

ATM & brianheeter providing instruction at the target line

1st Strike

Brown and rimshot get put to work ... honestly, did they really think they'd only be shooting today?

2nd Strike during lunch

More instruction

The shooter's forms are looking better after some instruction and coaching

Ball & Dummy

Maggie and Stacy modeling their Marlin LTR's

Liberty Volley ... a moment of silence please

Final Red Coat

Checking come ups from the 100 yd. line

Eli shooting the U.S. Rifle, .30 Cal., M1 ... thankfully, he and his dad were able to stick around to shoot this rifle and then got to take home the full size target that they filled with holes

atvman67

This is a link to YouTube of Eli shooting the  M1    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwNHhtVsmc  Thanks for a great day!

TJ Kackowski

Thanks for sharing the video.  That ear to ear smile on Eli's face is one of the reasons why I volunteer my time with this program!

ATM

Excellent pics as always, TJ. Love that video of Eli shooting the M1, too, atvman!

This was a great Patriots Day event and everyone did exceptionally well. You were safe, we had fun, we learned and shared together in forging skills, a sense of personal and community responsibility, and made some pretty awesome memories while we were at it.

Consider the fact that becoming a Rifleman requires and develops the same sort of character traits that are advantageous to maintaining a free republic - patience, determination, focus, attention to detail, and persistence.

With that understanding, I encourage each of you to share the journey you've begun and bring others along. It's one heck of a ride!  ;)

More! More! More feedback! Tell us what you thought, any notable lessons you took away, any constructive ideas to improve upon... More!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

brianheeter

That was time well spent!  It was great to be outside on such a beautiful day celebrating those who came before us and gave us the liberty we enjoy today.  Everybody was ready to get to work and improve their marksmanship skills and learn about their heritage as Americans.

But, I'm going to call out Cheryl for the "Great Attitude Award."  During the first string of fire her rifle self-destructs.  Does she pout?  No.  Throw a tantrum?  No, she doesn't even frown!  I think I was more disappointed than she was.  A loaner was provided and off she went.  HUZZAAAAAHHHH!!!!

I hope I will get to see all of you on the trail soon.  Don't forget the LibertySeed Friday, April 25th (that's in 2 days!) at the Indiana War Memorial after the NRA Convention.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

OLOFOSH

Thanks all for another great time. It was a privilege to participate in the liberty volley.   :)

Day off tomorrow for the convention.  ^:)^ I'll keep an eye out for ya'll (I'll be the Appleseed booth trying to win ammo at some point in the day).

-Patrick

"It is natural for man to indulge in the illusions of hope.  We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts....  For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it."

--Patrick Henry