News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor, Vt 4/19

Started by roadrunner, April 22, 2014, 10:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadrunner

Huzzah! No sign ups or walk-ons but in the words of Nickle "when you're given lemons you make lemonade". A breezy and cool day saw 5 redhats and 1

bluehat meet at buccholic Proctor Fish and Game to dispense much needed Rifleman knowledge but to our dismay no students were to be seen or heard.

So a quasi-IBC was in the making. We had discussions on windage, holding off for wind, how to judge wind speed, effect of wind at firing line versus target

line, various rifles and ammo, etc. Plastic tape put up at several places helped in observing wind speed.

Freedom, our bluehat, shot at 1 inch squares at 50 yards, while Dwarven1, roadrunner, luv2Bfree, and MPH-Vt shot at various targets at 100 yards.

These included a 20" redcoat target, a couple 100/600 targets and yes a couple QDAQT targets posted at 100 yards (at the urging of Nickle) and

proudly fired at by Dwarven1 (scoped AR-15) and MPH-Vt (scoped 10-22). Needless to say the stage four targets are kind of hard to see simulating a

full size target at 1600 yards! Thanks to everybody for coming out and making it a great day!!
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."  Joseph Heller

Mph_VT

It was a wondrous day, I don't think I've ever had a bad day at the Proctor Range.  The weather was unusually fine, a wee bit of chill in the air here and there, but as rule in April in VT you can relate to how cold the bloody redcoats were on April 19, 1775 sloshing thru the swamp in Charlestown.

No shooters, too bad it would have been extra fine had there been.  Adapt, overcome and improvise. Rather than have the day a loss we found much to do to improve our abilities both in instruction and in shooting.  KD seemed to be fore most in our discussions and endeavors. 

My first time ever shooting with a scope, go figure I think it's harder.

It was a great day.  I'm sorry no photos this time the camera is down with a bad lens and I've yet to replace it.

I have a feeling we're going to be packed for June 14-15. Everyone is invited and encourage to come.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen