News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN - Mar. 15/16, 2014

Started by slim, March 16, 2014, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Placeholder.

Feel free to add your stuff. Pew, pew, 'merica. Bacon. Huzzah.  ^:)^

brianheeter

Another great shoot at Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club in Nashville, IN.  We had a beautiful day on Saturday with sunshine and temperatures in the 50s.  Ah, Spring!  Sunday saw the return of winter and gusting westerly winds that tore targets from backers, ripped backers from fence posts and sent shooting mats tumbling.  Even our visitors from Wisconsin were cold!

Through all this adversity the shooters who returned on Sunday continued to work on their skills and improve their scores on the AQT.  At one point Sunday we had two M1 Garands on the line.  IIT TJ had just returned from his Camp Perry shopping trip and wanted to throw some .30 caliber lead downrange while one of our shooters (a young army enlistee, HUZZAH!) accepted IIT Uncle Davey's generosity and tried his M1 out.  'Merica!

Congratulations to John for earning his rifleman patch with a score solidly in 220s (226 maybe?).

I saw Rayne taking some pictures.  Care to share those with us?

Thanks to all who came to the shoot.  Local shooters, far to the north shooters, out of state shooters, IITs from near and far and Shoot Bosses travelling hours to get there.

Lots more to tell about the weekend.  Chime in and let us know what you think.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

gatorindy

Had a great time this weekend! Thanks for all the hard work and effort put forth by the instructors. You earn every penny! (I know you don't get paid. if you did, 99 percent of us couldn't afford the price  to take a class from instructors with that level of commitment.)

I am getting ready to order some more targets and will be practicing more in the near future. Hindsight I wish I had taken a few more notes, but I jotted down a lot when I got home last night.

Slim can you send me the photo of my out of battery detonation? I think it took out my bolt release. I haven't cleaned my rifle yet but I'm pretty sure something broke or was disconnected. I will be back in the near future to earn the rifleman score with the Marlin LTR!  I feel like I cheated using the M&P 15/22(that was supposed to be my backup rifle),  but My Marlin was in use next to me. 

Thanks again!
John

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

slim

I'm having issues getting my pics from my phone to my computer. I'll get 'em on here eventually.  :slap: