News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA March 15-16th, 2014

Started by PinBreaker, March 21, 2014, 06:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinBreaker

Wow!  That was some of the most spectacular spring weather, wasn't it?

Saturday, 22 Americans came out to improve their rifle marksmanship and to hear the telling of the 3 strikes.
Sunday, all of them came back AND we gained two additional shooters for a total of 24
It was great to have Tom, Robert, JC, John, Will and James back again.

On hand, we had a large contingent of Boy Scouts from Troop 107 who spent the night on the range, 5 returning shooters, and a bunch of new Apple-seeders.  We started off Saturday, right on time, going through the instruction and shooting sighter squares and then shifted to an AQT just before lunch.  The SB gave the 1st strike, followed by Missy telling the second strike and 3 Huzzahs delivering the 3rd strike.  After lunch, we progressed through the position shooting on the AQT and called it a day with a marked improvement on the Red Coat scores.

On Sunday, we picked up the pace a bit and worked through the sighter target, 4 AQTs, a cadence drill, an offhand aim-small, shoot small drill, and the Red Coats.  Again, we had some good red coat improvements, a cleared target, and three shooters getting close to that Rifleman score.

We never loaned out that many slings!  Hopefully, y'all will return with a new sling from the Appleseed store.

All in all, a great weekend.

Melissa

Huzzah! Another fantastic Appleseed weekend, thanks to the wonderful crew of instructors and shooters alike. Sweet shooting, great history, and gorgeous weather to top it all off... can't get much better than that.

Great to see River back too. He's a trooper and a good shot, that one!

See y'all next month.  O0

Melissa

PS: I've attached the Patriots Day flyer I made for Sac Valley, should anyone wish to print it out.

Sharpie

Yes, it was a glorious weekend of bright sunshine, low winds, and flying brass!   Kudos to all instructors for pulling off another great shoot, thx to fellow shooters for sharing info and ideas, and thanks to Bob and Vinnie for posting pics (not sure this was the intention, but they help me see some problems in my form! -- I will get my patch one of these days!).  Melissa, nice design work on flyer.
-John S.

Vinnie

Quote from: Sharpie on March 22, 2014, 02:57:46 AM
Yes, it was a glorious weekend of bright sunshine, low winds, and flying brass!   Kudos to all instructors for pulling off another great shoot, thx to fellow shooters for sharing info and ideas, and thanks to Bob and Vinnie for posting pics (not sure this was the intention, but they help me see some problems in my form! -- I will get my patch one of these days!).  Melissa, nice design work on flyer.
-John S.

SHARPIE....
    Welcome to the Forum, John!

We enjoy having you at Appleseed, and look forward to seeing you out on the line again.  You are getting soooo close to that Rifleman patch  ..:..

Vinnie

Neve

Huzzah! Another great Appleseed weekend! We had a such a great group of shooters and it was good to see the familiar faces on the line! Thanks to all those who came back and to those for joining us on the line and trying something new. A big thanks to PinBreaker and the rest of the instructors for making this shoot happen. Thanks for all you do for preserving the values we hold so dear. Always a pleasure to see and work with all of you again.

Mike