News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion County Fish & Game Indianapolis, IN… Nov 30- Dec 1st

Started by grunt soldier, December 01, 2013, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

what a awesome weekend!  Not sure if we could have had a better weekend.  A amazing time had by all.  It started out rather chilly in the morning.  a crisp 30 degree's.  No real wind, water or snow made any appearances so that was great.  By the end of both days it was around 46-50 degrees.  perfect weather imo.  not to hot and not to cold.  it was nice and sunny both days also.   

Now that we have gotten the weather report out of the way lets get into the meat and potato's of this Amazing weekend of Appleseeding!  Nowland, Paul L, Robert, Paul (Young man), Jerry, Nick, Elyssa.  Thank you all so much for coming out despite the cold start.  You all improved so much.  Leaps and bounds.  Your attitudes were more than teachable.  You guys were so eager to learn and hear the history.  The stories that remind us of who we are and the blood that runs through our veins.  You are all great American's and welcome on my line any day of the week.   

Nowland and Paul L  big congrats on the rifleman scores.   Nowland with a 220 and backing it up with a 225.   Paul with a 216 and backing it up also.  very well done.  continue on the path of Knowledge and learning.  Remember there is more to a rifleman than just a patch. 

To our young shooters Paul, Elyssa, and Nick.  You guys did so awesome this weekend.  You guys were such a joy to have out there this weekend.  You guys give me hope for the future generations.  remember the stories you heard this weekend!

Robert and Jerry.  great job also.  keep at it and that patch will be yours soon enough, a rifleman always perseveres.  Thank you for getting bringing your little ones.  A weekend spent on the line with them is something you guys will always remember and cherish.   

I was slacking with my Sbit duties and didn't get any pictures but TJ will be along shortly to rectify that fail on my part :)

Again thank you and it was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with you great Americans!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

TJ Kackowski

Here are the photos, since we all know that  :pics:

But first a big Thank You! to all for attending.  Everybody did a great job and showed measurable improvement with their rifle skills.  I hope to see you all back on the line in the very near future.

Fine Americans gathering

Early morning instruction for the shooters

Early morning instruction for SBit grunt soldier by SB yellowhousejake

Designated Marksman

Checking targets

Getting into the bubble

Ball and Dummy Drill

Lunch, Dangerous Old Men, and a Dangerous Young Woman

Surprise visit by Spitfire.  Yes, even the Indiana State Appleseed Coordinator gets put to work on the line.

Yellowhousejake scoring the AQT's with another visitor; hello Brown.  You show up to an Appleseed and we'll find something for you to do.

Rifleman Nolan

Rifleman Paul L.

Nero

One tip on the photo post:  if you put 'img' in the tags where you now have 'url', then the pictures will show up in the post, rather than having to click and open up a new window.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

grunt soldier

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

grunt soldier

dang.  and it even has pictures.  anyone anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller.  I guess not lol.