News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville, MD Dec 14-15 2013 AGC Winterseed

Started by BeSwift, December 15, 2013, 07:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Great inaugural shoot at Associated Gun Clubs of Maryland! Winter weather was the norm with Sat being overcast, snow, and freezing rain. Sunday saw overcast, COLD, and wind... Still 10 shooters braved Mother Nature and 4 of em made Rifleman to boot! I of the theory that some of our best classes are held in the worst weather, and this one confirms yet again, that those willing to brave the weather, WANT to be there and give it their all!

Congrats to our 4 new Winterseed Riflemen, and sincere thanks to our host club and instructors! We're trying like heck to make AGC one our regular stops for next year and beyond...

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

MostlyHarmless

I haven't been that cold for a full weekend since I used to teach skiing years ago- Winterseed for sure!

A great bunch of students turned out, worked hard, and performed very well in challenging weather. A new venue provided its own source of challenges- but we will be looking forward to hopefully more events next year at AGC Marriottsville!
"Alas!! I spy a shooting bench and stool ahead in yonder treeline. Perhaps also there is a forefather with a rifle. I fear an ambush!"
-not overheard during the British retreat from Concord, Apr 19, 1775