News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, OH - Nov. 09/10, 2013

Started by slim, November 12, 2013, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Windyseed!  :slap:

It was a wonderfully windy weekend to save the country! Eight shooters joined us to hear the story and hone the marksmanship. We were lucky to have three generations shooting together, parents with kids, buddies, and persistent repeat attendees. Plus some well deserved trigger time for some of our busiest volunteers.

We started off the weekend with only one shooter hitting the 100 yard silhouette and by the end of the day, almost everyone was doing it consistently. Much improvement was made by everyone! "I want to see my cluster." was heard immediately after the cease fire and "This Natural Point of Aim stuff might be working." was a good cap to the weekend.

Fun, fun, fun!

We were also blessed on Saturday to see a formation of B-25 Liberators fly over on their way to the Doolittle Raiders final tribute at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. What a fitting treat on Veteran's Day weekend. Plus, Dirtdawg shared with us his grandpa's "Expert Rifleman" badge from the USMC on the Marine Corps' 238th birthday. Hoo-rah!

Thanks to all for coming out and I hope we can see you on the line again soon.

Now for the pics...

What the back of every vehicle in America should look like.

We made it work with "run what you brung."

Our line on Saturday.

Pete working his monopod once his back stopped working.

Hippie Chick showing us Blue Hats do more than just sign in sheets.

Camo AND pink!

Long shadows as Saturday drew to a close.

Sunday started off pretty epic.

Terrence and Kyle braved the cold once more (We missed you Allie and Greg!) to work those new Marlins.

Dave and Dave honing their skills as Dirtdawg and Dudeman skillfully watch over the line.

Dirtdawg walks us through the AQT.

DG Milty demos the sitting transition.

What do you mean you don't have a bayonet on your 10/22?

Hippie Chick on Sunday.

Kyle on Sunday.

Terrence on Sunday.

We could've been doing chores! Huzzah!

Corvette

Were those Marlin LTRs I saw on the line?  I was hoping my Newark shoot would be the first to have them on the line but, alas, nobody needed a loaner.   Aaron (para45acp) and I sighted mine in Friday night after we set up but none of our shooters needed a loaner so it never left the case.

Looks like you had a great shoot.  Dudeman, great to see you on the line. Finally I wish I was there to see the B24s they are majestic flying over.  Think what Herr Hiler must have thought when we put 1,000 of them over Germany.  Something like oh shucks but more desperate I suspect.

Looks like you had a great shoot.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

slim

It was a great event. I'm glad to hear you had a little help up there as well.

The Marlins weren't LTRs but they were brand new. I absolutely love it when shooters show up with boxed rifles. "We're here to learn." That's what it's all about.  ^:)^

I had a bit of a typo above. The planes were B-25 Mitchells (not Liberators, aka B-24s) like the ones used on the Doolittle Raid. Those fellers took off from an aircraft carrier and bombed mainland Japan. Persistence, courage... and a whole lot of 'merican can-do. I bet the emperor did like Percy, "Whoever should look upon them...."

Hope to see you on the trail again soon.  -:)

Dudeman

Good to be on the line, Corvette.

The planes were indeed majestic.  On a bit of a humorous side note, in Laura Hillenbrand's book, "Unbroken" (which you all need to read if you haven't), Louie Zamperini, who was a member of a B24 crew over the pacific, said that the B25's were the bombers you wanted your lady back home to see you in a picture with, but the B24's were the one's you really wanted in battle. 

Great photos, Slim!
"Rest if you must, but never quit." - Dean Whiteford