News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alexandria, Mn Oct. 12-13, 2013

Started by JOEMORGAN, October 14, 2013, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOEMORGAN

The Alexandria Gun Club Outdoor range hosted their 4th AS this pass weekend. 10 shooters attended and this was a dedicated group. Saturday's weather was horrible as the weatherman missed his mark. It rained most of the day with whipping winds and lower than expected temps. Despite the conditions rifle instruction and our history was well received throughout Saturday. All shooters returned on Sunday. The sun came out, things dried out and after some review the shooters started to work through AQTs. By days end we had two new Mn Riflemen. First was Jason L. who at his first event shot a 227 w/ his Marlin tube fed. Jason had put in a lot of pre event work and it showed. Next Megan O.(MollyJo) scored a 213. Megan will be 12 in a couple of weeks and this was her 5th event. Megan  also stepped up and was presented with a Blue Hat by the Shoot Boss Buzz.

Thanks again to the Alex Gun Club and all that attended.

Photos will be posted shortly......
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

JOEMORGAN

First installment of photos.......
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

JOEMORGAN

2nd installment......

Jlakoduk

I want to thank the instructors for the weekend.  This was great fun alot was learned.  I would also like to thank BuzzG for helping me get over the hump to get the rifleman patch!

JOEMORGAN

Some more photos.....

AFTERMATH

Way to go folks! 

Congratulations Riflemen!
Especially, MollyJo!  You've earned it! 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

JOEMORGAN

Special thanks to our shooters that braved the terrible weather on Saturday and all came back on Sunday....Roger, Chris, Jon, Scott, Dennis, Dalton, Jason, Ben, Allison, and Megan. And our Shoot Boss Buzz and AC DebH.

Some more photos...................

DebH

It was a great weekend, despite the weather on Saturday.  Thank you to all of the shooters who braved the weather and returned on Sunday.  Had a great bunch of people.  Thank you to BuzzG for coming all this way to Alex to be shoot boss.  We appreciate all your time and hard work.  You are welcome at our place anytime, Buzz.  We enjoyed having you.  Congratulations to the Rifleman, Jason and Molly Jo.  You worked hard and it paid off.  The rest of the shooters, continue to use the 6 steps and don't forget about the 7th step.   ;)

Please come back and bring along a family member or friend to your next Appleseed!

DennisD

I'd like to thank all of the instructors for all the hard work you put into that event. It was a great Father/Son experience for Dalton and I! It may take some time but I'll get the videos downloaded and sent to you Deb. Thanks again!
Dennis