News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houghton Lake, Mi, Oct 12-13, 2012

Started by Caliper, October 13, 2013, 10:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Whew!  Just got back home from another great Appleseed weekend at the Houghton Lake Sportsmans club.  What a great time!  Many thanks to the six Americans who turned out to learn the sacrifices made to win our freedoms as well as to HLSC for hosting us on their facility. 

Please post up comments and pics of the event to share. 

IRONSIDES

Another great weekend at Houghton Lake, where the weather is always nice. Had great improvement from all of our shooters. One new Rifleman congratulations Craig.  It was a pleasure working with each of you and I see more Rifleman patches in the future. Here are a couple of pics from the weekend.

Superheat

Quote from: Caliper on October 13, 2013, 10:00:18 PM
the six Americans who turned out

I counted seven.   ;D   

What would you do without me.  ^:)^

Superheat

William G. Gruff III

I cannot speak for everyone but I had fun.  Thank you guys for leading and hosting this great program.  I only wish that I knew about Appleseed sooner.

Thanks Ironsides and Superheat for the loaners, I was hoping to use my own rifle and become reacquainted with it but...

We will probably be joining the Houghton Lake sportsman's club this winter.  Might have to get serious about archery since arrows are reusable, although losing one cost like 6-8 bucks.

I travel the northern lower quit a bit for work and if you have some broachers with the dates and locations of up coming Appleseed and Liberityseed events I would be willing to place them.  There is also a local radio station that does call ins for various events.  If there is a list of Appleseed talking points I would also be willing to call in and talk about any up come event in the area.

We are trying to tract down the contacts for Camp Grayling hosting an Appleseed.  Too bad you couldn't have done it this last summer it was the camp's 100th anniversary.

FYI Every canoe marathon weekend (last weekend in July) there is an old artillery shoot at one of the ranges, mostly 6 and 8 ponders.  Too bad there Appleseed has a 8mm limit.

Thanks again for a great time.

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32