News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Village, IN, Sept 28-29, 2013 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, September 29, 2013, 10:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Official AAR.  I'll be back soon to post more.  Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.  :)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

KLB

This was my first Appleseed. Wow, what a weekend! I learned a LOT. Shot a LOT! And now I hurt a LOT!  **)

Thanks to the volunteers for teaching me so much and for our host for allowing us all to hang out and shoot a lot of lead on his property.

Last, thanks to those that goaded me into shooting the last AQT. I finally managed to get over the hump and get my patch.

Iroquois

Congrats to all our shooters and new riflemen...had a great weekend with great people...your smiles and looks of exhaustion on sunday were worth the small effort  we spend to get ready for these events. This is an important program, so spread the word. Do your friends and your country a favor...send us some shooters!!! We plan to start again in April...

Lonehoosier

This was are first Appleseed. What a great time. Thanks to the instructors that took the time and help my son out. On the way home he was asking when can we do it again. Looking forward to the next Lake Village Appleseed.

Iroquois

Glad I got to meet you , Lonehoosier, and your faithful sidekick. {machine-gun kid?} I always enjoy these shoots, and meeting new folks at them.
We are planning the first spring shoot the weekend before Easter. Hopefully the sandburs will be below ground by then. Hope your leg gets better soon. I know what it's like to be 'all stoved up' as my wife likes to say. See you later.

TJ Kackowski

What a great facility and an even greater bunch of shooters.

If it works out with my schedule, I'll be back to Lake Village for another Appleseed.  My goal is to return wearing one of those fancy colored hats. 

If you can get Jedi to attend again, I'll have a brand new pink GI web sling for him.  Mary Lou donuts will again be available for mass consumption.

TJ Kackowski

Here's a picture of the pink GI web sling prototype being modeled by my daughter (not sure this cutting and pasting will work, so if not, search for Indianapolis, IN June 15-16 2013 for the AAR where this is posted)

Quote from: spitfire51 on June 18, 2013, 10:17:50 PM
Some pictures from the weekend:

Yeah, it's a pink GI sling, what's it to ya.  That girl could flat out shoot with it.

Wild Deuce

I remember her! She's a shooter for sure. I've seen her shoot. She'll earn that Rifleman's patch in no time.  ;)

Who are you kidding? Jedi would come to the next Appleseed if you promised him a pink rock. You have to promise him a pink sling for a Rifleman's score.

Thanks for taking a hat, btw.  O0

Quote from: TJ Kackowski on October 03, 2013, 09:00:00 AM
Here's a picture of the pink GI web sling prototype being modeled by my daughter (not sure this cutting and pasting will work, so if not, search for Indianapolis, IN June 15-16 2013 for the AAR where this is posted)

Quote from: spitfire51 on June 18, 2013, 10:17:50 PM
Some pictures from the weekend:

Yeah, it's a pink GI sling, what's it to ya.  That girl could flat out shoot with it.

Stubborn Yankee

This was a great Appleseed; fantastic weather, hosts and participants!  All shooters had great attitudes in spite of some pain and injuries.  It was terrific to see 3 new Riflemen but many others are really, really close!  By the way, that pink sling is great!

Lonehoosier

At the Appleseed my son misplaced one of his Ruger 10/22 mags. I thought he may have just dropped it in one of the other bags we had there. I just got around to cleaning thing up and going through bags, no such luck it's not in there. It's a factory Ruger 10/22 mag. I marked the bottom of he's mags with blue sparkle fingernail polish over the Ruger emblem. If someone come across it can you send me a PM. 
Thanks,

TJ Kackowski

This AAR needs an AAR ... AND pictures!  (Please ... Pretty Please ... with a cherry on top?)

TJ Kackowski

Oh no ... we slipped to page 2 ... BOT to await the official AAR entry AND pictures

AuntieBellum

Oh, man.  The Shoot Boss definitely dropped the ball on this one.  Sorry, everyone!  Your long awaited AAR and pics are here!  Really, though, what more could I say?  Beautiful weather, beautiful range, and great Americans coming together to learn all about their heritage.  Three new Riflemen, four youth, so many working hard to come together and learn our long forgotten history and marksmanship.  All did well.  Lots of laughs, lots of fun, and lots of serious work.  We'll be back at this range next April.  Tell your friends, your neighbors, your grocery store clerk.  Bring them all.  We'll see you there.  Now...pictures!!!

AuntieBellum

TJ Kackowski

Thank you Auntie!

I've got my eyes peeled for the April date ... can't wait to get back to Lake Village.

TJ Kackowski

O.K. ... so I've been trying to post some additional pictures and they wouldn't load ... I figured it was because I don't have enough posts on this forum ... no, they're just too big.

I'll try to resize and post in the next few days ... this technology stuff is driving me crazy.