News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, IN July 6-7, 2013 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, July 07, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a fantastic weekend!  Rain - because we couldn't have an event at Rochester any other way - sun, gun powder, and smiles.  We had a BLAST!  Literally - right, guys?   ;)

We made some noise, we hammered out a new Rifleman - huzzah to Gary! - and we saw a lot of improvement.  Families, military members...we want them all on the line.  Tony fired a firearm for the first time this weekend and did his share of work in the....uhhhh...louder sections of the day, too!  Duncan and Dreyton showed us that age makes no difference on the line, and Tyler - so close!  Keep at it, come on back with friends and family, and let's do it again!

Most importantly, we had engaged citizens out to experience our Freedom on a holiday weekend - Independence Day weekend.  They know when the American Revolution was won, though, right?  Right?  I'm SURE you all remember the answer!

Thank you, all.  It was my pleasure to share the weekend with you.  I look forward to seeing you all back again soon.

Pics...later.   :pics:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

tysmith34

A fantastic weekend it was! I had a great time as I'm sure everyone did. I can't wait to do it again and share the experience with someone else.  I came not knowing what to expect and left with knowledge of marksmanship (there is so much more than point and shoot) and a reinforced pride in our country.

Thanks to each of you that made this weekend something that I will never forget.

AuntieBellum

Tyler, we look forward to having you back.  Thank you for joining us!

And Gary and Dreyton - I think I found the AAR from your first event.  Is that you, Dreyton?  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17758.0  Don't wait so long to come back next time.   ;)

Brown

Pictures!!

Our 5 shooters getting instruction from the Shoot Boss

Tony and Duncan in prep period

Tyler with picture perfect form

Gary and Dreyton making it look easy

Our Future
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Bryant

Looks to have been a great Appleseed.   ^:)^

Well done to the youth who participated & well done to the instructor corp who made it happen  :bow:
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

AuntieBellum

Late is better than never, right?  Sorry for the delay.  But here are the pictures!!!

Our shooters:

Under LunchLady's watchful eye:

And Brown's, too:

Father and son:

Proof that the Six Steps work:

A new Rifleman:

AuntieBellum

Ready, set, ...:

Shoot!:

The boys wanted to do it again.  So this is where we put them:

Kaboom!

KABOOM!!!

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.