News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR, June 8-9, 2013 AAR

Started by Prescott, June 10, 2013, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had another great event at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek, OR.   Thanks to all the participants that came out and spent the weekend with us.

It was a wonderful weekend, the weather was perfect and I got my first sun burn of the summer!  I even got to shoot an AQT with my center fire rifle!

All of the instructors commented that this was a great group of students and they all seemed eager to learn the AS techniques.  The students targets showed the improvement that was made over the weekend, as we had 4 new riflemen at this event.

Congratulations to the new Riflemen; Mark, David, Kevin and Robert! Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah. 

We had a couple families show up to this event, and it is always great to see family shooting together.   Jeremy, Dawn and Drake did great, and we were hoping you could have come back on Sunday.   Hopefully we will see you back at DRRC in September.

Kevin, Jenn and Tristan also came as a family and did great too.   Jenn and Tristan were first time shooters, and they picked up the AS techniques and their shot groups proved it!   It is always fun to coach first time shooters and see their progression, as they usually do not have any bad habits.

Tyler, thanks for bringing the BBQ and cooking food at lunch.  If you plan on bringing it to the next event, send me a PM and I will also bring some food for the grill.   Also, thanks for bring Luis out to the range.  If every just brought one friend with them, then AS would double each year.

Since this was David's third AS and he shot a Rifleman's score of 227, he willingly accepted an Orange Hat and is going to help us in the NW.  Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah.  David practiced getting into position on the living room floor and also did dry fire practice at home.  His marksmanship scores really showed the value of doing these exercise at home and they do not take any ammo to do them.

JaneR also joined us the weekend and was one dangerous old lady (just remember that in 1775, anyone over 45 was considered to be only fit for the alarm list).   Jane is knocking on the door to get her Rifleman's score.  She definitely know what NPOA is and can easy put many rounds into the same hole.   With just a little more practice, I am sure we will be handing you a patch.   JaneR also offered to take a Blue Hat and join the ranks of the Applecore in the NW.  Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah.

As you can see, we had lots to cheer about this week.   Thanks again to everyone who came out to make this a great event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

AmbulanceDriver

What a great weekend....   Got to meet some great people, got to share some history, got to share the heritage of marksmanship, and even got to put some rounds downrange!!!  It really doesn't get much better than that....   

Will post some pictures later today...

Earl

Great Appleseed!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Prescott

Here are the pictures I took of the event.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

AmbulanceDriver

Shoot Boss talkin' history...

And more history...

One of the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club RSO's listening on...

Earl...   Too many words...  :)

The target line....  And in the background DRRC's 600 yard and 1000 yard target lines.

Flags in the wind

More history....

It's amazing how much learning about our history and heritage grabs people's attention.

Things they don't teach about in school anymore.....

Mark, one of our new riflemen.

And David.

And one of the shooter's gets to pull the trigger on his M1 Garand for the very first time...  :D

Kevin earns his patch as well.

And David accepts his orange hat and steps up to the NW instructor-in-training cadre.

George Hacker

Robert and Jane - thank you both for stepping up to become Project Appleseed volunteers.  I hope we get opportunities to work events together in the near future. O0

It looks like you had a wonderful event with wonderful weather.  Huzzah on the 4 new riflemen!

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

skiddyfisk

Kimber Custom

Sorry for the delay getting these up; been an 90hr work week.

Kimber Custom

AmbulanceDriver

Quote from: Kimber Custom on June 18, 2013, 01:55:12 AM
Here's a link to the damage I did to my thumb Sat night http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae128/ben4172900/IMAG0269_zps408270f7.jpg

I think this needs to be an ISB....

"KimberCustom doesn't get to use knives anymore."

;D