News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 15-16 June

Started by Engineer shooting, June 16, 2013, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Gather round and yet shall hear, of a story of persistence. Jan started his journey at the 2-12 Ramseur boot camp. He persisted and worked for his rifleman patch. He also has been the resident Applecore at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range working even before the range opened. Well today I'm proud to say  he earned his patch 78 years young and still improving! Shades of Samuel Whittemore!

Mike you came soooooo close on your first event, I'm sure next time will be the charm!

The Shoot Boss asked all the instructors to prove their metal and all requalified in 105 heat index. Congratulations to Lori, Richard and Ben. Ben being the youngest also did it the hard way. Using a borrowed 10/22 takedown rifle, zip tied sling, loose sight mounts and still shoot the score! Of course the Shoot Boss wanting to prove his metal also shot the score in a 3 minute rapid fire.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Tomblin

Lost 30 lbs, now I can do the "seated-prone" position as they were calling it...

Success story of the day, Silverbullet!

All of the instructors re-qualified today...

ThaiFighter

Congrats Jan!

All the way from Ramseur (2-12!!!!)  to Tally!   Doesn't heat index of 105 qualify for infernoseed? :)

I want to see someone run that seated/prone position run a Garand...   O0
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

sean_shoot_here

Mr Pete

Y'all know I can go on about anything but right now all I can do is smile.

Congratulations Jan!

To the rest of the, "irregular mob" nice job upholding the honor of the program.

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Lucky Lori

Congratulations Jan on a well deserved and hard journey for your patch.
Also a big thank you to all instructors who gave their fathers day weekend in very sunny, hot conditions to help make the event wonderful.

Lucky  Lori

goose

There is nothing like the Panhandle for perseverance in the heat.  I've only seen one other young gentleman in his teens achieve the rare "seated prone" in my 4 years; that is perfection if there ever was such a thing.

Congratulations on the fine work of promoting the Project and motivating Americans!  Huzzah!

-goose
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

Engineer shooting

His mother also achieved the position but declined to be photographed! :bow:

Quote from: goose on June 18, 2013, 09:18:39 PM
There is nothing like the Panhandle for perseverance in the heat.  I've only seen one other young gentleman in his teens achieve the rare "seated prone" in my 4 years; that is perfection if there ever was such a thing.

Congratulations on the fine work of promoting the Project and motivating Americans!  Huzzah!

-goose
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther