News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eaton Rapids, MI Oct 27-28, 2012

Started by ITB, October 29, 2012, 12:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Another event in the books.  We had some terrific shooters this weekend that brought great and teachable attitudes. 

Saturday was a small group - three shooters and two instructors, but for Sunday we added four more shooters and another instructor.  We had two new Riflemen, Mike and Jason, and a repeat Rifleman - Richard.  Jason posted an impressive follow-up score after earning his patch - he shot a 238 on a rapid-fire AQT.  Huzzah!

The ladies weren't to be outdone, winning our fun shoot on Sunday afternoon - congratulations Kat and Tricia.    Charles and Leigh rounded out our group of shooters, and while they didn't earn their Rifleman patch this weekend, I'm sure they'll both do it at their next event.  Both of you showed marked improvements in your scores.    Remember, one of the finest qualities of a Rifleman is persistence.

Saturday's weather was cool and dry, but we started to get the fringes of Sandy on Sunday, with clouds, wind and a few sprinkles.  Shoot Boss does not like being cold and wet!

Thanks to Richard's embroidery service - first stitching a red cross patch onto my medkit, then stitching the Shoot Boss Rocker onto the vest of our newly-minted Shoot Boss, Graywolf.

Thanks to Eaton Rapids Conservation Club for their gracious hospitality.  Special thanks to Shirley and Jean for the great hot lunches, and the wonderful hot breakfast on Sunday morning. 

My appreciation to Mac and Graywolf for helping out on this event on short notice.  You guys rock!

Note to self:  need an improved steel target stand to withstand 308 hits from 100 yard   :wb:  Third time was a charm!

I'll post up some pictures shortly, but I'd love to hear from everyone involved.  Post up!

Pics

Mac doing IMC Saturday morning:

Mike receiving his Rifleman patch:

View towards the shooting line from downrange:

Graywolf doing the Sunday morning briefing:

Lettin' some lead fly:

Shooting steel at 100 yards with rimfire rifles:

Leigh on the SOCOM, Kat on the AR:

Mike on the SOCOM, Jason on the AR:

Richard's handiwork for Graywolf.  Thanks!!
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

mac66

What a way to renew one's spirit. Spend some time on a range with some eager to learn Americans with great attitudes. Add some history and fellowship and some fall weather and it makes you wanna not go home at the end of the day. 

It was nice to meet some new friends, Kat, Jason, Tricia, Charles and Mike. Nice to see some old friends back like Leigh and Richard.  We saw some great shooting and had a good time.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

wizard

Great shoot.  It's good to see so many people getting the bug and returning.  Burbs, a strong crossbar is being welded up as I type this.  I'll bring it to Lapeer.
I get things done because I get things done.

LouieMacGoo

I really had a great time in Sunday! My only regret was that I couldn't be there for the whole weekend. Even though I didn't shoot rifleman this time I felt really good about what I was doing and I know that all I have to do it put my skills together with what I learned and I will have it!

I kept all of my AQTs from Sunday and added up my best scores for all 4 sections and it totaled 213! :) Now I just need to put that all on one AQT!

A HUGE THANKS to intheburbs, Graywolf and Mac66 for making me feel welcome and for letting us shoot your "toys"!  :--- (SOCOM, and AR). I am really looking forward to my next shoot and earning my rifleman patch!

BTW, Great pictures! O0

Graywolf

What a great group of shooters!  I was only able to be there on Sunday and instantly regretted not being able to there on Saturday as well.  Great attitudes despite the weather.  Congrats to Mike and Jason on shooting rifleman!  Well done!  Kat and Tricia showed everyone how it is done by winning the star shoot, hands down.  A big thanks to Burbs for setting up the steel target and letting the shooters have a go at it with both their .22s and the SOCOM and AR. 
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Ibex

A great time with really good people this past weekend! I learned a lot both on the firing line as well as off the firing line thanks to excellent instruction from Burbs, Mac & Graywolf.
A good test of boththe shooter and the equipment (I will have my magazine issues resolved, although I am getting fairly proficient at clearing an FTF. Lol!)

I look forward to another positive experience in the coming month at Bellevue working towards a hat color change.
Thank you,
Mike
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.

"Practice what you suck at." Jacob Bynum

Believe the bullet.

fitty762

My 3rd Appleseed and a great shoot, not just because I was finally able to crack Rifleman, but it was a great group of people to shoot with (including my lovely wife!) and hear some history. 

Thanks to In The Burbs, Mac66 & Greywolf for having us back at ERCC and allowing us the chance to get some Centerfire trigger time on steel at 100 yards. Combined with the rimfire at 100 yds, it was very cool to get that instant feedback when metal meets steel.

Thanks Greywolf for posting my picture with my Rifleman patch. It settled some bets at work AND a copy is now proudly hanging in my office along with my Culpeper Minutemen flag from my first Appleseed in May at ERCC. I could not be prouder to get my patch and I certainly couldn't have done it without the instruction from the all of the Yellow / Red Hats and Shoot Bosses at the past three events. To say I was discouraged after Bellevue in August is probably an understatement as I thought I had worked hard to get to Rifleman level. Not hard enough! So I continued to work on my positions, NPOA, trigger work as well as putting in more time at the range. Persistence does pay off.

My only regret from the past couple of months is that I waited until 2012 to get started with Appleseed. I WILL be back to shoot Rifleman with my Tech Sights.

Many thanks!

Jason (fitty762)