News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia OH 7/21-7/22

Started by KAH, July 24, 2012, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAH

Whew, what a weekend!

We had 30+ dedicated Americans join us at TUSCO, one of the premier ranges in Ohio to learn more about Rifle Marksmanship and American Heritage.

The line was FULL, the weather was BEAUTIFUL, and the shooters came with TEACHABLE ATTITUDES.  That combined to make an awesome shoot for everyone involved.  Thanks to all the families that came - we had parents and children, husbands and wives, grandfather and grandson, all looking to better themselves.

Congratulations to our 3 new Riflemen: Brian, Gabe, and Matthew.  All three were rock solid all weekend, and made great progress!

Congratulations also to our new Instructor in Training: LindaFromAppleCreek joined the ranks as an IIT, after earning her patch at the Ladyseed in Wooster recently.

Many of you are oh-so close to earning that Rifleman patch.  Keep dry fire practicing (safely!!) and join us again, either at TUSCO or at another Appleseed event. 

If you took pictures - please post them!

Take good care,
KAH
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Edheler

It really was a great weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did! :)

Ashley, we all know you're a riflewoman and I have no doubt you will get your patch at your next Appleseed! Dan, keep at it you're oh-so-close it was great to see you two weekends in a row! I didn't get to work with Barbara but it sure was inspiring to learn that she had never shot a rifle before this past weekend and scored a 207 -- wow! John and family it was great to see all of you again -- you will get that patch soon John!

If anyone wants the original sized pictures I took just send me a PM with an email address and I will forward them to you.

GabeC

It was an excellent weekend, and both Ashley and myself are looking forward to doing it again. I think we are both going to pursue becoming IITs after we complete another weekend. I know I will be attending the next one in New Philadelphia, and Ashley will be attending the upcoming Ladyseed. Thank you to all the instructors for their wisdom and advice, and to Tusco for their hospitality.
"The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

Ayn Rand

Ladyshot

:DH:

I had a great time and learned so much! It was a perfect way for a person who has never shot a rifle before, learn how to shoot properly. Thank you to all the instructors and to the range for hospitality. I will be coming to LS, wish I could come to the next AS at Tusco, but we are unable to find a sitter. :) Thank you all again, and I know both Gabe and I look forward to shooting with you all in the future!

Ashley
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." ~ William Burroughs

Ladyshot

I have no clue how that smiley emoticon above my post got there, I did not put it there. i have no clue how to delete it, sorry!
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." ~ William Burroughs

MeanStreaker

Congratulations EdHeler on that well-deserved Red Hat!!!

And welcome Linda!  I couldn't be happier you decided to sacrifice a little for the Cause and join the Team!  Thank you!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ladyshot

Edheler got his red hat?! Congrats!!!

Edheler

Quote from: Ladyshot on July 24, 2012, 11:13:19 PM
Edheler got his red hat?! Congrats!!!

Thanks! Stand should post a picture once he gets it off of his camera. :)

Dougum

What a great appleseed!

KD was kinda a bust however it helps when adjusting elevation that you make sure that you turn the sights up not down. :slap: :wb: I forgot and turned the scope on my mauser in the wrong direction. Other than that it was a great weekend full of shooters who were willing to learn and obviously did by looking at some of the scores.
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

posttk421

This was our third AS.  We had a great time and all improved our skills.  I'm always impressed by the staff.  I think I've convinced Becky to join the lady seed later this year.

The boys and I plan to return for the September AS at Tusco.  I'd like to attain rifleman with a higher caliber rifle (PSL-54c) but I'm concerned about the distraction it causes and don't wish to impede others.  Perhaps if I setup at the far right of the line?  Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

GabeC

Quote from: posttk421 on July 27, 2012, 12:23:25 PM
This was our third AS.  We had a great time and all improved our skills.  I'm always impressed by the staff.  I think I've convinced Becky to join the lady seed later this year.

The boys and I plan to return for the September AS at Tusco.  I'd like to attain rifleman with a higher caliber rifle (PSL-54c) but I'm concerned about the distraction it causes and don't wish to impede others.  Perhaps if I setup at the far right of the line?  Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

I want to bring my LR308 next time around, and was thinking the same thing. Being later in the year the sun will not be as big of a deal, so maybe we could setup on the far end of the range. Then we could just annoy each other with the noise level.  :)
"The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

Ayn Rand

Edheler

Centerfire rifles are always welcome on an Appleseed line! :) Yes, we would organize things so you guys would be at one end of the line or another. The only other thing to keep in mind is that since the line at Tusco is covered if you have a muzzle brake on your rifle it will effectively amplify the sound. So, if you have a muzzle brake and if it's removable you might want to swap it out for an ordinary flash hider for the Appleseed. Your ears would thank you. :)

I look forward to seeing you both again in September!

posterboy

Edheler is correct ...centerfires depending on the range are always welcome!

At Tusco However you would most likley be put in the middle so as not to shoot the clubs elaborate, Beautiful and EXPENSIVE lol pop up system ! there is a gap in middle make sure you tell your shoot boss so they can get you set up in the right spot before the shoot when you check in.

look past the target line ..see the spot in between the gravel mounds... ! that was a biblical downpour that day btw

pb

Edheler

Quote from: posterboy on July 27, 2012, 02:55:46 PM
Edheler is correct ...centerfires depending on the range are always welcome!

You had to go and dig up a picture with me in it didn't ya? ;) (fourth from the left) That was a wonderful deluge and weekend though!

I was forgetting about the berms, yes the center left probably makes the most sense.

LindaFromAppleCreek

Ted was at a Tusco shoot where it rained that hard. He told me about having to cross a small river to get to the targets. That was also the one where the wind came from every direction at the same time on the 600 yard range.
aka Mustang380gal

posterboy

Yep....wind so strong it tipped over my AR500  steel plate target !..but we were still putting hits on it ! >:D

Ladyshot

Hope the seather holds out for the AS in Sept and the LS in Oct!!

Charles McKinley

I had a great weekend relaxing from the PC grind  >:D

The weather, range, students and fellow AS volunteers were wonderful.

Finally A big Huzza!  for Edheler finally a Red Hat
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Chevyshooter

I agree with KAH the students came with a good learning attitude. I like seeing a newbie with a 207 score on Sunday.  This makes a weekend with minimal sleep worthwhile.  I also agree with Edheler an Appleseed without centerfires would be too quiet.  Also Gabe C I like your plan on stepping up to iit  hat I plan to try to join you in that goal .^gifhttp://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/afro.gif
Apothy - the end of America as we know it. Honor our Forefathers and thier sacrifice, not only of life but also that of their families on April 1775 on behalf of God and fellow Countrymen.

R1SGx2

30 on the line, nice work by all.  O0

great photo's and great looking range,
the photo at the target line was taken at the right moment.
Reflects that rifleman adapt and over come. :~

QuoteYep....wind so strong it tipped over my AR500
:bow:
looks like the weather slowed no one down.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Edheler

Quote from: R1sgx2 on August 02, 2012, 08:10:50 AM
30 on the line, nice work by all.  O0

great photo's and great looking range,
the photo at the target line was taken at the right moment.
Reflects that rifleman adapt and over come. :~

QuoteYep....wind so strong it tipped over my AR500
:bow:
looks like the weather slowed no one down.

That picture and message were about this http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22154.0 Appleseed. For this last one the weather was pretty great!

posttk421

I liked the removable cheek rests you loaned out.  Are there instructions somewhere on this site on making one's own?

Edheler