News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia, OH April 16-17

Started by posterboy, April 18, 2011, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Huzzah !

I looked anxiously at the forecast Friday night knowing that the weather was going to be less than ideal at best. What i didn't know however was the mettle of the patriots that despite Biblical rain.....showed up. What else can I say appleseed folks amaze me....they persevered, persisted and conquered..not a single one fell out. Reminds of the march of Morgan's riflemen from Virgina to Boston not single one fell out or quit...well at New Philly the weather couldn't knock out these determined citizens ...HUZZAH. It was a great day despite the copious liquid sunshine and Matt and Richard joined the Ohio Rifleman ranks huzzah !

Sunday arrived and we were greeted with the same smiling eager appleseeders. No rain this time...but the weather wasn't done with us. It was chilly with a crazy wind that only got stronger( 35mph +) as the day progressed. That didn't stop us from confirming our 25m skills at distance ! Steel was punished at both 300 and 500 yards ! huzzah and 2 more riflemen Doug and youngster Dan shot the score.

I'd like to personally thank The Tusco rifle Club and all you who came out for a weekend of Marksmanship and Heritage. YOU are why we do it and I am NEVER disappointed by the type of character all of you have. I am sure John Adams didn't regret sacrificing for the freedom you made good use of this weekend.

Well....at least the line was covered....

Over the river and thru the mud to the target line we go ....

The Soggy Chosen

goin' with the flow

Three of the four riflemen..huzzah guys

Posterity....A huge HUZZAH to both you and your Parents who cared enough to bring you !

Thank you all !

PB

Splash

As I often do before an event of significance, I wake up a couple hours ahead of the alarm Saturday morning. Lift the blinds to check out my personal weather road..."Hey, the road's wet, must be raining"...console myself with the old adage "Rain before Seven , gone by Eleven", and proceed to load all the stuff I had packed the previous day. Now it's 5 AM, and just a little early to show up to the range, so I have a leisurely breakfast and peruse the Forums reading this and that.

I'll summarize the rest of the day, with what by now must be, if not an Appleseed cliche, a fair standard experience. I had such an enlightening education. I heard put into words what I have felt for years. And I got learnt how to shoot by some people who seemed to know what they were about. The rain made it , I think, more of an experience. I kept thinking "I feel for the poor bastards that have to be laying out in this rain...and mud...and cold..." as I sheltered under an impressive awning at the concrete floored shooting line. If you ever get a chance to visit the Tusco Rifle Club, please do so , as it is a very nice place to shoot. I shot a personal best of 186, and look forward to practicing ahead of my next Appleseed event.

My wife reminded me a couple times to tell of the Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary Soldier, but amidst the concentration on sling adjustments, about 26 new rules, and history as I have never heard before, it slipped my mind. At  Fort Laurens, right off of I-77 near Bolivar, Ohio, is the Tomb of the Unknown Patriot of the American Revolution, which happens to be at the only fort in Ohio from the Revolutionary War.

A special thanks to Hombre Liggett for Sunday morning service.

Thanks Appleseed....HUZZAH !!

FloppyHat

What a fantastic weekend.  I can't say enough about the quality of the people running the Appleseed at New Philadelphia, the great range provided by Tusco Rifle Club, or the impact this weekend had on my friends and me.  I specifically and publically want to thank Ishy (sp?) for helping my daughter on the firing line.  When we showed up Saturday morning in the cold and rain, my daughter was ready to go home.  The instructors were very kind and considerate of her situation, but one young lady helping another made all the difference.  By the end of the day on Sunday, I watched my daughter taking instructions from the Shoot Boss, following through with deliberate precision, and hitting the mark. 

Thank you to all who participated in putting on this Appleseed.  We will be back!
Huzzah!
Jim M.
Christian
Heterosexual
American
Pro-Gun
Conservative
Any Questions?

posterboy

Thanks for that heads up splash ! I had no idea ! Maybe we need to get an appleseed there right ? It was pleasure to have you on the line.

You too Floppy ! thanks for bringing your family..you are truly a man who knows very well what he is about.

Hombre Ligget.....simply amazing thank you sir !  :bow:

See you all on the trail

pb

Edheler

As always I had an excellent time at an Appleseed. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon. Many thanks to all of the instructors who were there to teach us of our history, heritage and marksmanship. I wish I knew all of your forum names so I could thank all of you properly. Thanks also to the Tusco Rifle Club for hosting the Appleseed; I will be back!

Posterboy your picture of our "stream" really don't do justice to what it became a little later in the day from when your pictures were taken.

Hopefully soon I can relieve myself of my mental handicaps and score more than a 207. :)

Mike

P.S. I heard there are nocturnal ghosts in the Tusco pistol range. ;)

RedNekEngr

As miserable as the weather was on Saturday, there is no better place to be Appleseeding in the rain than TUSCO.  If you haven't frequented this range, you are missing out.  This is the Taj Mahal of ranges.  The entire line is concrete and covered with a nice shelter in the rear.  The trustees, officers, and members of the club could not be more accommodating.  They bent over backwards making this a successful event.  I can't say enough about their hospitality.

I too was concerned about the attendance after seeing the forcast, but everyone showed up and were ready to go.  An awesome group of shooters and very quick learners.  Everyone's groups progressively shrank after each instructional point.  We were fortunate to hammer out 4 riflemen this weekend despite the monsoon and gale force winds.  Great job everyone. 

Of course it was an honor to work with my hakuna matata friend Posterboy again.  He's amazing in his storytelling.  Also a big thanks to my other fellow instructors, RPD, Tubesniper, Birdman, Ishy, Lyberty, and Green Light for your hard work.

I hope to meet each of you again on the Appleseed trail soon.

RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Ishy

Quote from: RedNekEngr on April 19, 2011, 03:44:16 PM
This is the Taj Mahal of ranges.  The entire line is concrete and covered with a nice shelter in the rear.  The trustees, officers, and members of the club could not be more accommodating.  They bent over backwards making this a successful event.  I can't say enough about their hospitality.

Ditto.   O0  Definitely the most awesome range I've ever been to and a fabulous, friendly club.   :bow:

Thanks so much, FloppyHat; Kinsey was a joy to work with.  She had one of the best attitudes on the line and kept persisting through the rain...wind...hot brass...etc. etc. etc.   :D  It was an honor meeting you and all the other homeschoolers.   ..:.. 

Everyone did an awesome job shooting and I'm sure the Founders would have been proud.  During the 4:00 volley I couldn't stop smiling and shouting "HUZZAH!!!"   :)

Awesome pix, PB; though it is unfortunate our fourth rifleman Daniel wasn't present for the photography.  I tried to get pix of the patch presentations on my phone but they turned out really bad....   :'(

Dinky, thanks for showing up and making the shoot more lively.  It was an awesome surprise.   :)  PB, RNE, RPD, Tubesniper, Birdman, Lyberty, and Green Light--it was a pleasure.   ;)  Mr. Liggitt, THANK YOU so much for the message!!!  I wish you could come to every shoot!   8)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Lyberty

Wow.  The Tusco Club is AMAZING!  :o I had attended a New Philly shoot last year, so when I heard what the weather was going to be like, I was THRILLED that we were signed up for New Philly because it has a covered range!  O0

Saturday morning started cold, wet, and windy.  In spite of the awful weather, the shooters had great attitudes and we remained on schedule.  (No one wasted too much time on the frequent trips down range!!!  ;) )   **)  We had a lot of junior patriots on the line this weekend and congrats to all of you for your persistence and cooperation!  Also, Saturday night brought us a very pleasant surprise...our ghost hunter Dinky Dao!!!   ;) **) 

Sunday's weather cooperated a little better than Saturday.  There was less rain, but more wind!  The wind was helping us share equipment with each other!  Every once in a while, a shooting mat, hat, or chamber flag would go flying down the line.  :wall: I was thrilled that no one fell over while shooting in the standing position!  Huzzah!!!

Posterboy, RedNekEngr, Ishy, RPD, Green Light, Tube Sniper, Birdman, and Dinky...pleasure working this Hakuna Matata shoot with y'all!!!  ^:)^ Mr. Liggit, thank you thank you thank you so much for coming out Sunday morning and giving us a message.  We all appreciate you!  :bow:

CONGRATS TO OUR FOUR NEW RIFLEMEN!!!  Huzzah!  ^:)^ ^:)^ O0 ^:)^ ^:)^

See ya on the trail,
Lyberty
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

RPD

New Philly, WOW pretty much describes the facility.  I'm used to shooting in the rain.  Covered and concrete . . . a GREAT concept!

I agree with RNE that the officers, board members and club members were a joy to work with.

Persevering describes the Patriots who showed up both Saturday and Sunday with the most miserable weather since Nelsonville 2010, where it was NOT covered and the mud was about 3" deep.

The student/Patriots were open to instruction, tried out "new things" even though some had been shooting for a while (takes us old timers a while to break many years of bad habits) and the scores showed it.

Always a pleasure to work with my friends: RNE, Ishy, Lyberty, and Greenlight and my new friends:  Posterboy, Tubesniper and Birdman.  Dinky . . . what a nice surprise to see you Saturday night and Sunday.  Always a pleasure to work with you and share fellowship as well.

Going to New Philly for inspirational message of Hombre Liggett ALONE was worth the trip, but sharing the time with fellow Patriots and my 10 year old son was quite special.

I look forward to a New Philly trip in the near future.

-RPD

*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Happy Hunter

We at Tusco are so happy to have the Appleseed at our club. The sacrafices of time and energy that the instuctors make are a priceless  invetment in all those participants who attend. I am very pleased to be hosting five more events this year. You WILL be seeing my boys and I on the line this year.

Birdman

Just what is up with Appleseeders???      I have never seen.......
such a great gathering of Americans! Thank you RNE, Ishy, Lyberty, Greenlight, Posterboy, Tubesniper, RPD, and especially the shooters on the line.  They were awesome! and came back Sunday for MORE!  Congrats to the 4 Rifleman, and also to the many that are knocking at the doorstep.  Hang in their, practice the six steps, trust your NPOA, and you'll grab that patch next time.
As always, it was great to see Dinky again.  Thanks for the visit.
What a great range.  If anyone is able, shooters and instructors, you must get to an Appleseed at Tusco...whatever the weather.
Thanks to the folks at the Tusco range for hosting Appleseeds. You are thought highly of by all of us. 

GoldFish

Looks like ya'll had a shoot that wasn't to be missed, despite the muck...and I missed it. >:( !@#) :( $$-0 
Congrats to all the Riflemen, and thanks to all the others who came out and persisted through that muddy mess. 

I hope to make it to the Tusco Club this year and see some of you there!

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

PhotoHam

Huzzah! I had a wonderful time at Appleseed, and I plan to come back again. I want to thank Ishy, Lyberty, Posterboy, Birdman, and all the others. ...sorry I can't remember your names. I learned so much, and I can't wait to become a Rifleman.

Ishy

Hey, Photoham!  It was such a great shoot...hope to see you "on the trail" again soon.   As soon as you get rifleman...then comes the orange hat...and then the red one...........  ;) ;) ;)  It was awesome having another homeschooled teenaged girl on the line.   ..:..

Blessings,

Ishy
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney