News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunshow - Pine Technical College, Pine City, MN -- Feb. 25-26, 2012

Started by AFTERMATH, January 10, 2012, 09:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

O'ha!  We have a table!
-Assuming I can find my receipt from last year, in case they lost my reservation.
Take a look at your schedules! 
This is generally a really busy show, and often one of the largest north of the metro!
Adamt was gonna man it all by himself, through the duration of the weekend...O0 #)
Then he moved to Texas.... :(
So, I guess we should probably get a few volunteers to take his place.
To make up for his absence we'll likely need 2-3 volunteers on duty from open 'till a bit after lunch on Sunday when it starts to die down.  But the more the merrier.  O0
Here's the link:  http://www.pinetech.edu/news-and-information/gun-show-feb-2012?searched=gun&advsearch=oneword&highlight=ajaxSearch_highlight+ajaxSearch_highlight1
More details to follow!

Aftermath

Staff:
Sat AM:  Puma Mami
Sat PM:  Puma Mami
Sun AM:  Taylor
Sun PM: 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Puma Mami

"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on January 13, 2012, 12:21:40 AM
I can help out all day Saturday, February 25th.

Excellent!  You'll be the first on the schedule, when I can write it. O0

Thank you!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

AFTERMATH

Taylor

After you're situated on Saturday can someone give me a heads up on where the table is otherwise I might end up eating all the doughnuts as I'm walking around trying to find it Sunday morning.

Land line (715) 466-5145
Cell (630) 315-3504
or PM

Thanks.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Puma Mami

Quote from: Taylor on February 20, 2012, 11:07:16 AM
After you're situated on Saturday can someone give me a heads up on where the table is otherwise I might end up eating all the doughnuts as I'm walking around trying to find it Sunday morning.

Land line (715) 466-5145
Cell (630) 315-3504
or PM

Thanks.
I'll be sure to call and let you know, Taylor. It's definitely a spread-out event in that building. I had trouble finding our table last year, but finally did.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

We'll be in the auto shop room/garage again.  If I recall correctly on the map, we'll be over by the lift equipment.  So, as you walk in the door about your 1 or 2 o'clock.

Jennifer, what all do you have in the gun show op supplies?

I'm going to look into a PVC stand for the banner/flags.  Are there any consumables we still need?

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 21, 2012, 08:20:06 PM
Jennifer, what all do you have in the gun show op supplies?
Ron/Sparks1 passed along the promotional item boxes. I haven't done an inventory, but it should include the table drapes, banner, paper targets, etc.--the whole works. I'll take a look and let you know.

I will also create an updated flyer to print on the back of the 8 1/2 x 11 rifle girl posters with our Minnesota schedule so far this year, and the inserts for the trifolds with "what to bring" and our schedule on the other side. These will be the same format as last year with the new dates put into them.

How many do you suppose we will need for this event? I would guess we will need a larger number of trifold inserts (500?) than letter-sized posters (200?)

AFTERMATH

Sorry I thought I'd replied already.

500/200 should be more than adequate, thanks!

We can always use 'em later! ;)

AFTERMATH

Day one is now over, it was a great day talked to tons of folks.
Thank you Jennifer for your help - I could't have lasted alone!

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 25, 2012, 10:41:55 PM
Day one is now over, it was a great day talked to tons of folks.
Thank you Jennifer for your help - I couldn't have lasted alone!
You're welcome  :)  I'm glad to help. And all of us here appreciate your determination and commitment to Appleseed, Alex. I gave up a day to be there, but you are giving your whole weekend!  :bow:

We talked to a lot of people yesterday. There were many families and kids there, so the Appleseed pencils were popular. Many ladies are interested in coming, and we talked to a couple of people who are already registered to attend AS soon! O0  And many more said, "Oh yeah, I wanted to do that last year but my schedule didn't work out." So they are planning to come this year. My favorite comment yesterday was from a guy after I had briefly explained what AS is about -- "Amen, sister!"  Gotta love it ;)

We gave out all 200 of our rifle girl flyers with the schedule on the back by mid-afternoon yesterday, but I also printed a lot of plain one-page schedules, and plenty of trifold inserts. So the supply will hold out today, I think. I will print a larger number for the MWCA show in March.

Taylor - sorry I forgot to call yesterday. I left a message on your cell earlier this morning about exactly where our table is, and where the vendor entrance and parking is.

AFTERMATH

Another great day at the show!
Thanks to Taylor for sneaking over to help out today!

Not quite as busy, but got to talk to some more people.  And some from yesterday had to come back to get more fliers - They'd given theirs away, so others who it seems were quite interested.
Had a chat with a young man, quite excited about the program - Ran into him working at the local gas station after the show.  He'd looked into it more in the mean-time and asked me how he could become an instructor!  We had one or two other folks, immediately interested in instructing as well. 

We had a lot of folks who had at least heard about the program.  And had a good amount who came strait up to the table to get this years schedule. 

I would call this weekend a probable success. 

Next year the show will be on Feb. 23-24, 2013 - I already have a table secured.

Thank you Minnesota!

I'll see you on the Trail!