News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Castle Rock WA, September 24-25, 2011

Started by Earl, September 25, 2011, 12:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Beautiful fall day for an Appleseed, two AQTs, two Redcoats, all three strikes and all the Marksmanship training, safety and two drills taught. One Rifleman, 217 - Matt
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

Full? funny I counted 28 shooter's and 10 emty shooter slots ,,,but thats ok it was a good shoot saturday 1 new Rifleman O0 and more knocking on the door O0,,there has been a burn ban on so we did not do the normal campfire and talks after the shoot :-\  there was some ringing of stell after the shoot tho ;),,I sapose 28 is close enough to full ;). Great to see Earl here and everybody that made it .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Wade

Range donation ? ok some how i don't think its a Range donation  it was left yesterday, get ahold  tell me what it is and whats in it to claim it , in the meen time it is safely locked away.

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

SteveC

It was a great Appleseed.  My oldest son was one of the many new rilemen on the day and he stepped up to the challenge of the orange hat!  -steve
"Bring your children to Appleseed so they may prepare to become dangerous old men and women should the necessity present."
-stevec

SteveC

Some Other pictures that I snapped.  If you want the highres version--drop me a note.  -steve
"Bring your children to Appleseed so they may prepare to become dangerous old men and women should the necessity present."
-stevec

Ducko

A little rain didn't slow us down one bit, five new rifleman, a new red hat and new orange hats, what a great shoot! :---  Thanks everyone for coming out and for your great teachable attidudes, what a pleasure.  Congrats to the new rifleman, and to the new orange hats, thank for stepping up and welcome to the Appleseed family, I look forward to seeing you at future shoots. 
Special congrats to Andrew for getting his patch before his Dad, don't worry Steve I am sure you will get yours before Robert does!  Well.....
I have some pictures posted below, I haven't figured out how to add the little title to each photo like Earl does but I'm getting there, Earl it was great to work with you again, no one tells the Samuel Whittemore as good as you!
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

AndrewOR

Woot! I made Rifleman this weekend, with a good amount of helpf rom all the instructors there this week, and at prior appleseeds. I concur with the opinion that Earl tells a great story, Ill have to listen carefully if I want to be half as good.

Thanks again to Wade for letting us use his yard to shoot.

Wolfe

Congratulations to all the new hats! And thank you everyone for making it a great day on Saturday for Cory and I.
Huzah to the new Riflemen! I sincerely hope to join your ranks one day soon.

I wrote up a brief article about our trip on my blog at toddph.com that includes a few shots of the instruction on Saturday. please let me know if there is any information in the article that I should correct.

Todd
"Rule 181: If you ignore history, it will ignore you."
-Walker Lamond, 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience."
-George Washington

Rizzin

Todd, very nice write up, however perfect score on a AQT is only 250 not 260.

Very glad you have enjoyed your time with Appleseed and it sound like you will be around for a while after having made your rifleman score by taking an orange hat and helping to pass a long everything you have learned. (hint hint nudge nudge  @) )

Wolfe

Thanks for the correction, I'll fix that. Hmmm I wonder if that's why I haven't shot 210 yet?  ;)

BTW, for anyone that would prefer a direct link to the article, it's here: http://toddph.com/archives/350.
"Rule 181: If you ignore history, it will ignore you."
-Walker Lamond, 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience."
-George Washington

Earl

Earl downloads his digital photos into the computer and then opens them in Photoshop Elements and then crops, colors and contrasts the picture and saves them with a title in JPEG format. Then when he loads them to a reply, the title comes with them and he doesn't forget what the picture is of.....

Not my picture but I can grab and save to with most of y'all.  ^-^

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2011/09/very-good-appleseed-weekend.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Prescott

Sorry I missed the shoot in Castle Rock, but my wife gets cranky if I am gone two weekends back-to-back.

Ducko congrats on the Red Hat, its looks good on you.

Let's give it up for Andrew, Congratulations! You are the perfect example of a rifleman by demonstrating your persistence.  Now if we can only get another rifleman in your family!  I guess we will have to wait for Andrew to earn it.

Congratulations to all of the other Riflemen and those that picked up the Orange hat.    Hope to meet you all on the line in October.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

TruTenacity

Looks like another fine event held at Castle Rock.

Congratulations to all the new Rifleman!

Congratulations on getting the Red Hat, ducko.

Thanks to all that took on the Orange Hat.  It looks like the NW Region needs to schedule another Instructor Boot Camp.

To the rest, keep up the hard yet rewarding work of dryfiring.  You'll get that Rifleman's score soon enough and then you too can join the ever growing Instructor Cadre of NorthWest Region.

All, keep up on 7th stepping!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

George Hacker

I wasn't planning on coming to this event because of the loss of a close friend, but I dropped in after lunch on Sunday.  Boy, am I glad I did!

Earl, it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for your IIT coaching.  Your words didn't fall on deaf ears.   :)

Congratulations to our new riflemen!  Well done - your persistence paid off.   O0

Ducko - good job on your red hat promotion.  You will be an excellent instructor.  I look forward to working with you more in the future.   ^:)^

Andrew, Brigham, and Whit - three new IITs.  In a word - awesome!  Thanks for stepping up and helping us bail the sinking ship.   ^:)^  ^:)^

Wade - thank you for the use of your range.  It was in excellent shape.  Sorry I couldn't stay after school to test for range malfunctions.  ;)  Perhaps in October?

A special "thank you" to Robert and Brandon.  These two young men stayed after and helped me get handouts to the shooters and pass out T-shirts.  I appreciate both of you willing to step up and serve - it gives me hope for the next generation.  (Joni - we miss you now that we know how hard your blue hat job is).   ;D

I met with other shooters who are working their way to becoming riflemen.  It was a pleasure meeting you and keep working on your dry firing practice.  Practice the transitions.  Your persistence will pay off.

Sunday was a great day to be in Castle Rock, Washington.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

paulw

I bought my first rifle in the spring and realized I didn't have a clue as to how to shoot.
I did a little web searching and hit upon this site (and others) and started reading, watching video and burning 1000s of rounds at the local range.

My schedule and Appleseed's finally aligned last weekend & it only took most of two days for the excellent instructors at Castle Rock to reverse most the bad habits I taught myself and suggest a plan to keep improving.

I had a great time, learned a lot and plan to be back soon.

Thanks to Wade for letting me park my trailer in his back yard and use his range. RL, Earl, Ducko, Kenjo, Scrambin' & ShadowMan - thanks for all the help and leaving the clown bat in its case.

Gotta go dry fire now.... O0

Fidjit

@Paul: Make sure you hit your own target too! ;) @everyone else, I had a blast and thank you so much for setting everything up and carrying through such a successful event, I can't wait to see how many more I will be able to attend before my schedule tightens. As someone who had only briefly shot a rifle when about 12, and really had no idea what to do the first day, I was ecstatic on my own improvement, and have already set some goals for the next shoot! Thank you all for your hard work!
Fidjit aka Jo

Roland

Hey, great to have three new IITs. Thanks for stepping up guys. Shadowman, congrats on an awesome avatar!

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

jimmythegeek

Thanks for the good instruction and great stories.  I appreciate the attention to safety and the time committment.  I will come out next time with iron sights and with a lot of practice under my belt.  And if I qualify, I'm treating myself to something centerfire in nature. 

George Hacker

jimmythegeek,

It was our pleasure.  There is nothing quite like spending a weekend at an Appleseed.

Will you be at Castle Rock October 22?  I dropped in after lunch on Sunday at the September shoot and I will be working the October shoot.  If you come, please introduce yourself.  I work for Red Hat (hence my forum name) so I am a bit of a geek myself.

- Shadowman
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."