News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Nappanee, IN - July 30-31, 2011

Started by AuntieBellum, August 01, 2011, 12:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

*ding* - HIT!
*ding* - HIT!
*ding* - HIT!

I do love that sound.  It's the sound of marksmanship.  Everything that we taught you on the line this weekend...Six Steps, NPOA, come-ups and KD and sooooo much more - it all comes together with that clear "ding!"  And yet we all learned so much more - the sacrifices made by those young and old on that fateful day in 1775.  The courage they must have had to stand up and fight.  The 7th step.

A huge thank you to Nappanee Conservation Club.  The lunches were fantastic, the facilities were superb, and the hospitality was top notch.  I look forward to going back.

Everyone made improvements.  Everyone brought upbeat, teachable attitudes.  Kenny, congratulations - Indiana's newest Rifleman!  Trent, I wish you could have come back for day two - you would've had a good time sending rounds down toward that steel at 100 yds!  Robin, Sonya, Dave, and Andy - thank you all for coming out. Thank you for the questions and the eagerness to learn - look over those notes, dry-fire, and come on back.  Jeff and Dennis - thank you for keeping us awake with those M1As!  And Dennis, thanks for only knocking the steel down once.   ;D 

It was a pleasure to work with each and every one of you.  Thanks for coming out...and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

tinman

AB,

Thanks to all of you who came over and worked hard this weekend. It was a lot different than I'm used to, and it was a great time.

I didn't make the grade this weekend, but next time I'll get it  :D

Again, Thank you

Tinman....