News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Guilford, CT. - July 30-31, 2011

Started by CortJestir, July 31, 2011, 08:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Just a quick one to get this started...

Another great Appleseed weekend across the Nation. The New Haven Sportsman's Club played host for the first time to one of them these past two days.

We could not ask for more gracious hosts and appreciative and attentive students, who, despite being beaten down by the relentless sun, persisted in participating and staying engaged.

Congrats to Scott L. for posting an exact 210 and getting a nice douse of water from under the Old North Bridge. Congrats also go to Emily with a high of 204 - another Appleseed will seal the deal, methinks. And a job well done to all our students who improved their effective ranges by leaps and bounds over the weekend, many of whom ended up in the 300 yard and 400 yard effective territory.

Thanks to LymiSeede, Jay Haich, and vernic82 for staffing this one and blistering in the sun along with our students. You make running one of these easy as pie.

Photos coming shortly as soon as I can find my camera...

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

Some photos...

Redcoats in the Morning

Firing Line

Listening to instruction

More instruction

Firing Line

Ball and Dummy

Rifleman Scott getting doused with water from under the Old North Bridge. I am not standing in a ditch. I really am that short and Scott is really that tall.  :D
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

What a great shoot and a great new Host Range!!!!!

Met some great new friends and fellow Americans!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

Quote from: CortJestir on August 01, 2011, 04:59:03 PM

Rifleman Scott getting doused with water from under the Old North Bridge. I am not standing in a ditch. I really am that short and Scott is really that tall.  :D
But we all still look up to you  :slap:

I dunno - looks suspiciously shady there to me. Seems almost <envy>comfortable</envy>.

Hey - at least you didn't forget duct tape  :wb:

Way to go! And welcome aboard, Guilford!
</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Jay Haich

Quote from: The Log on August 01, 2011, 09:32:01 PM
I dunno - looks suspiciously shady there to me. Seems almost <envy>comfortable</envy>.

Something I learned in the "wild" of Africa: Any fool can be uncomfortable ;D. Thanks to Fred and Scott L for bringing the shade.
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

tncolonel

Glad to see a successful Appleseed in my hometown (Guilford High Class of 62) - Hopefully you were cooler up there than we were in Manchester, Tennessee. Temperature here was close to 100 here in the South for our Appleseed (same dates).

Best Regards

Claude Morse, USAF Retired
(Tncolonel)
Tennessee State Coordinator