News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Boyceville WI June 25-26

Started by crash, June 25, 2011, 11:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

What a good turnout we had!! Thanks to all the shooters that made it out!!!
We had an awesome facility and you couldn't ask for better students or weather!!

Before I forget HEY MINN.!! look who just got adopted into northwest Wisconsin!

And yes those are the whitest legs you will ever see.  I try to blend in with my socks

Special thanks to the Northwest Rod & Gun Club:  what a great place and great partners!!

Ohh and lets not forget a big Congrats to Mike for for being Boycevilles first rifleman!  O0 O0 ^:)^ ^:)^ :D :D :D ..:.. 

"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Blue Five

Looks like BrassBucket has been drafted by Wisconsin! 

Whatcha gonna do about that, Aftermath?  ;)  >:D
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

BrassBucket

It was a fantastic Appleseed indeed!

Couldn't ask for better weather or a more beautiful, scenic range.

Amazing turnout -- well worth the 300 miles of driving!

The best part for me was working with our youngest shooters (age 11 - 17). They kept the energy up and never backed down. No doubt they'll be Riflemen at their next Appleseed. Just go home and practice your weakest position (cough cough prone cough).

And for those of you who learned the limitations of equipment -- adapt and overcome! A good pair of sights, a quality sling, and decent ammo go a long way to make every future Appleseed more enjoyable. You don't have to spend a ton of money to make huge improvements. You don't need a $300 scope to shoot Rifleman; Appleseed has seen scores of 210+ with open sights, bolt-actions, lever-actions, you name it! Reliability is key.

As far as my Minnesota - Wisconsin divided loyalties ... just call me Margaret Kemble Gage! (the question is: which state is General Gage)

I'll definitely be back to Wisconsin soon!

If anyone is looking for me on Facebook (a great way to stay in touch with fellow Appleseeders), look for the one and only Alice Levin in Duluth, MN.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Taylor

Thank you shooters and fellow instructors for providing me with another great Appleseeding weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you and eagerly anticipate seeing you again.

Sunday's pictures to be posted shortly.

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

martin

Great shoot at the Northwest Rod & Gun Club in Boyceville ! The club did a great job in helping to fill the lines and had a hot lunch for both days!
Special thanks to the instructors, Crash , Taylor , RustyRed and Minnesota's secret weapon BrassBucket. I'm getting alot of good e-mails about you guys.
Congratulation to  Boyceville's first Rifleman, Mike. Mike is part owner of NoDak Spud LLC , a manufacturer of receivers and sights, including a 10-22 type of receiver. He also has their version of an Appleseed rifle on his website,with their peep sight. He used this rifle to shoot a 217 on Saturday afternoon.
You can see it at    www.nodakspud.com 
Mike also donated a set of his sights for the high shooter of the weekend and that was John with a 192. John is also one of the youngest shooters.Congratulations John!
I also want to mention the other youngest shooter , Ethan.
This was Ethan's 2nd shoot, the other being a very rainy weekend a month ago. Ethan read the book we recommended, Paul Revere's Ride , and handed in a book report on PRR which he got an A+ at school.
Word cannot express how proud we were of Ethan.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

sparks1

BB...Well, Wisconsin is General Gage. DUH !  After all they do the "sitted" position.   **)

Nothing like working Martins shoots...he has lots of visual aids.

Congrats to all.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Taylor

Sunday pictures thanks to Evenstar:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison