News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: La Crosse, WI June 25-26, 2011

Started by Blue Five, June 26, 2011, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor gun

Quote from: Blue Five on June 27, 2011, 12:20:52 AM
Unfortunately we were unable to snap a photograph of the Shoot Boss in his flip flops on Saturday morning as he arrived  **)  **)
Yes, they were fashionable and we were slow to get the cameras out. **)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

slim

My shoot box was missing that modern-day Gonzalez Flag. I'll have to order one for next time!  O0

BrassBucket

Wow - whoever took the photos at your shoot did an AMAZING job! They are just incredible. Great to see you had such a great turn out in LaCrosse. Sorry I missed out (but glad I was there in Boyceville for an equally fantastic shoot). You southerners will have to venture into Northwest WI this summer - it is quite a blast!  :~

And can I just say -- what an amazing number of Young Patriots! Don't think I've seen that many at one shoot before!

Alice / BrassBucket
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

professor gun

We managed to pull in some juniors from my hunter safety class this past spring (I do a short presentation on Appleseed in the class; this includes giving every student the inch square target sheet, challenging them to go to the range with an adult to see if they can put 5 shots into the square at 25 yards using field positions.  I tell them if they can do this I will post the target with their name in our classroom-if they cannot they should come to Appleseeds so they can learn how to do this :)).  We also pulled in several young Marine Corps poolees who used loaner rifles from our members as well as donated ammo from our members.
The photographer was a participant in the Appleseed.  I think she is a professional photog but am not sure on that.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

professor gun

Quote from: slim on June 27, 2011, 11:09:18 AM
My shoot box was missing that modern-day Gonzalez Flag. I'll have to order one for next time!  O0
One of my personal favorites.  A friend gave that one to me so of course it is displayed at classes I run at the La Crosse Rifle Club as well as any Appleseed shoots. ;)

BuzzG

Thanks to all the shooters who spent their time with us. No better way to enjoy a weekend in my opinion.

Bre will shoot like a girl soon! Way to hang in there!

All of our young shooters.

My nomination for Best Benediction 2011.

The LOUD end of the line!

Big thanks to the La Crosse Rifle Club. Great place to shoot!

Buzz

professor gun

Nice pictures, Buzz.  Thanks for posting.

ahhshoot

What a great weekend. ..:..

I had a lot of fun meeting new shooters and instructors.

As for the flip flops, I take pride in my relaxed fun weekend encouraging Americans to take place in our founding fathers most undoubtedly favorite past time. :---

I'd like to congratulate our new Rifleman and WI orange hat, Zach! ^:)^

We had multiple Marine Corps Poolies shooting this weekend.
"I sleep well knowing rough men stand ready to do violence on my behalf".
Thank you for your service.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Vee Kay

Thanks to all the instructors who came out to La Crosse this past weekend.  Good to see dragonfly, Kosciusko and BuzzG again and meet Ahhshoot and Trisha! 

Vonnie

Honoring the memory of my ancestor Elisha Simpson, private in the North Carolina Militia and veteran of the American Revolutionary War.

Vee Kay

Quote from: Trisha on June 27, 2011, 12:26:37 AM
I was only able to attend this Appleseed for a short time, Saturday I shot a little and Sunday I instructed in the afternoon, but I still had a wonderful time. Being able to meet everyone I did, Fater family, BuzzG, Josh, Bre...etc made those few hours of instructing worth every second I was there, so THANK YOU.

I can't wait to get back to LaCrosse, possibly in September!!!
Thanks for your help, Trisha!!!

Vonnie
Honoring the memory of my ancestor Elisha Simpson, private in the North Carolina Militia and veteran of the American Revolutionary War.

CIVLAKFLT

Quote from: ahhshoot on June 27, 2011, 03:21:58 PM
What a great weekend. ..:..

I had a lot of fun meeting new shooters and instructors.

As for the flip flops, I take pride in my relaxed fun weekend encouraging Americans to take place in our founding fathers most undoubtedly favorite past time. :---

I'd like to congratulate our new Rifleman and WI orange hat, Zach! ^:)^

We had multiple Marine Corps Poolies shooting this weekend.
"I sleep well knowing rough men stand ready to do violence on my behalf".
Thank you for your service.

Thanks for your patience and dedication.

Buzz, those are great pictures! Thanks for posting and thanks for all you and the others do for Appleseed!

professor gun

Quote from: ahhshoot on June 27, 2011, 03:21:58 PM

Roger that, Ahhshoot.  It is a plus.

CIVLAKFLT

Quote from: Vee Kay on June 27, 2011, 03:56:38 PM
Quote from: Trisha on June 27, 2011, 12:26:37 AM
I was only able to attend this Appleseed for a short time, Saturday I shot a little and Sunday I instructed in the afternoon, but I still had a wonderful time. Being able to meet everyone I did, Fater family, BuzzG, Josh, Bre...etc made those few hours of instructing worth every second I was there, so THANK YOU.

I can't wait to get back to LaCrosse, possibly in September!!!
Thanks for your help, Trisha!!!

Vonnie

It was great to see you and to catch up with you, Vonnie!

navybluejacket

This is Mike Stewart,

I was at the appleseed with my son Riley and was messing around with my camera most of the time.  Here is a link to my online photo album: 
https://picasaweb.google.com/103529117953444059656/Jun272011?feat=directlink

It will take at least several hours to upload all of the pics, so check back later or tomorrow to ensure that you have seen all of them.  Also, Is there a way to embed the slideshow on this forum?

I tried to take at least one pic of everyone on the firing line so I hope that if you were there that you can find a pic that you like.  I suggest you download any pics that you want to keep because eventually most of them will get purged.  Feel free to share any of the pics.

I also shot some video and may get it posted to youtube eventually, but it takes forever to upload HD from my computer.  If anyone has a better system, I would be happy to send the chip out if you have the time to edit, splice and upload a bunch of appleseed video.  Let me know because I'm going on vacation SOON.

Finally, I would like to send out a sincere THANK YOU to all of the appleseed instructors.  You all took time out of your schedules to help grow the rifleman skills.  The instruction was awesome as was the history lessons.  My son had a wonderful time, as did his buddy Ethan.  I'm sure we will get more people to attend the NEXT appleseed.  As a dad and LaCrosse Rifle Club member, I want to thank every one of you for putting on a class act shooting event!

professor gun

Welcome to the forum, Mike.  I am glad that Riley and Ethan enjoyed themselves.

CIVLAKFLT

Quote from: navybluejacket on June 27, 2011, 10:49:31 PM
This is Mike Stewart,

I was at the appleseed with my son Riley and was messing around with my camera most of the time.  Here is a link to my online photo album: 
https://picasaweb.google.com/103529117953444059656/Jun272011?feat=directlink

It will take at least several hours to upload all of the pics, so check back later or tomorrow to ensure that you have seen all of them.  Also, Is there a way to embed the slideshow on this forum?

I tried to take at least one pic of everyone on the firing line so I hope that if you were there that you can find a pic that you like.  I suggest you download any pics that you want to keep because eventually most of them will get purged.  Feel free to share any of the pics.

I also shot some video and may get it posted to youtube eventually, but it takes forever to upload HD from my computer.  If anyone has a better system, I would be happy to send the chip out if you have the time to edit, splice and upload a bunch of appleseed video.  Let me know because I'm going on vacation SOON.

Finally, I would like to send out a sincere THANK YOU to all of the appleseed instructors.  You all took time out of your schedules to help grow the rifleman skills.  The instruction was awesome as was the history lessons.  My son had a wonderful time, as did his buddy Ethan.  I'm sure we will get more people to attend the NEXT appleseed.  As a dad and LaCrosse Rifle Club member, I want to thank every one of you for putting on a class act shooting event!

Thanks for taking the photos Mike. I hope you and your son had a great time!