News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Noblesville, IN June 18-19

Started by Rimshot, June 20, 2011, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimshot

Thanks to everyone who attended the shoot this weekend.  We had some wet muddy conditions but I didn't see anyone who hesitated for even a moment to drop down and get cozy.  The more time I spend doing Appleseeds the less surprised I get when I see the quality of people I meet at our shoots.  It's always an honor and a pleasure to spend the weekend with folks who haven't succumbed to the desire to spend all their free time on the couch watching the latest episode of Dancing with the Jersey Apprentices or whatever the cool kids are watching these days.

I saw the American Rifleman spirit alive and well this weekend.  The skills of a marksman grew and were reinforced in each of you.  More importantly, the memories of our Heritage are no longer half-forgotten tales from a grade school textbook.  Everyone who walked off that range Sunday afternoon remembers keenly the sacrifice made by our forefathers and the price paid for liberties too often taken for granted.  As I look at the photos from the weekend I see 12 people who will give John Adams no cause to repent of the pains taken to preserve our freedom.

I would like to thank also the other instructors for the weekend.  Bill 3, .5, and SPQR, without you the shoot would have ended far differently.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Rimshot

And on to the photographic evidence.  The weekend was plagued with camera failures. My humblest apologies to the winners of our Parker's Revenge fun shoot.  My phone captured you in unusually psychedelic colors and hasn't worked since.  For the rest:

SPQR instructs while Mike wonders how I haven't fallen in the creek.

There are HOW MANY steps to firing a shot??

The clubhouse porch provides a respite from the rain while SPQR and Bill 3 present the strikes of the match.

JBeyer323 confirmed his Rifleman score.  At the end of Sunday, he accepted the Orange Hat!
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Bill 3

Pictures sent to me from our new OH:

How about that mud!  Spa treatment at Appleseed...

Good job Sam!

Kids + M1 = Awesome

Congratulations Rimshot!

Kids are our future.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

jmdavis

Hey,

Who's that shooting my (uh I mean .5's) rifle?

It looks like a good shoot. Congratulations to new Riflemen and IITs.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

SPQR

I had a great time.  I want to thank all the shooters.  I would like to thank Randy in particular for being such an excellent range host.  i would like to thank John for stepping up and making the instruction of others in a their marksmanship and citizenship a personal responsibility.

I can't wait to get back to Noblesville. :---
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

Hey, I recognize some of the people in those pics!  Matt, Sam, John...good to see you all made it out again!  And John, congrats on picking up that orange hat - I look forward to working with you, and I hope to see you all on the line again soon. 

Oh, yeah, and congrats to that guy with the fancy new green hat.   ;)  O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Johnnyappleseed

Great event Indianna O0
Congratulations JBeyer 323 on achieving Rifleman. Nice hat BTW !
Welcome aboard as an IIT . See you on the trail .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge