News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manchester, TN May 28-29

Started by TN_Dadx5, June 03, 2011, 12:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

Hello Appleseeders,

We had a very good shoot this weekend. I want to thank all of the instructors who contributed to the success of the shoot and all of our aspiring Riflemen.  Spending Memorial Day weekend at the range, teaching marksmanship and recounting the deeds of those who gave their all so that we could, seemed right.

The weather was dry but a bit hot.  Keeping hydrated was important and I think that a few didn't do such a good job and it showed later in the afternoon.

Participation was lower than usual but that made it better for the participants.  The instructor to student ratio was about 1:1 on Saturday and about 2:1 on Sunday.  I want to recognize the outstanding effort of one of Saturday's participants who had problems with length of pull of the loaner. Max pushed through a very frustrating morning and came back Sunday to work more.  We also had some KD at 100 yds with centerfire rifles.

Congratulations to our new Riflemen.

If you have any pictures, please post them here!

Here's a quote to think on.
Nothing underscores the importance of liberty as much as the price paid for it.
Rev. Richard G. Lee
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

DKZ

Thanks to all the Instructors (and I mean that literally) for the great job they did with us for this AS, especially Bill (Big Gear) for helping me with the proper use of a sling (which I borrowed from TnColonel). Having more instructors than shooters was a rare treat and it helped me tremendously. I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know everyone a little better.  I can think of no better place I could have been than on the firing line with American Patriots over the Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you one and all!
"The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us" - Thomas Jefferson

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, Our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.-"Samuel Adams, 1776

TN_Dadx5

I couldn't let this go without any pictures.

We had one family spanning three generations and most of the left side of the line.  The patriarch had flown fighters during WWII.  He said that he hadn't much practice with a rifle and much rather use the twin .30 caliber wing-guns (where are the plane gun smileys???).
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed