News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR – Manheim, PA 2011 May 21-22

Started by mal, June 02, 2011, 12:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

We had great AS weather & a pretty fast-paced event.  Most attendees were Saturday only & we found out early that we had to cancel Sunday for the 2 full weekend attendees, so everyone was pretty eager to get in an AQT.  We had 1 attendee new to riflery, but he grasped the instruction pretty well & was laying out some pretty nice groups by lunch.  With several return Appleseeders in the ranks & instruction being soaked up so well by the newer shooters, I have little doubt we would have seen 1/2 the group earn their rifleman patch by the end of the weekend, probably even more.  The longer hours allowed us to get to several AQTs. 

Thanks guys for a safe event.  I hope to see you at another Appleseed soon.  I wish I was able to spend more time 1-on-1 with y'all, but remember to practice via dry-firing (triple check that there is NO ammo anywhere close by!)  Watch those trigger fingers!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams