News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations Ratchett! Ohio's Newest Red Hat!!!

Started by MeanStreaker, April 17, 2011, 09:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

You've earned this hat many times over and it was an honor to work with you this weekend!

Way to go Julia!!!

O0   ..:..   :bow: :bow: :bow:
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

stagehand steve

Congratulations!  Does that mean you don't have to cook for the shoot anymore?  :-)

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

jmdavis

Congratulations!! You are a credit to Ohio and Appleseed. It goes without saying that you are welcome in Virginia any time.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Cooper

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Looks like the instructor corps at the Calverton Ladyseed will be all RH's and SB's!!!

What a class act that will be!!

coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Miki

Superheat

KAH

"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

MacMcM

Atta Girl Ratch!

(WV is closer than VA... just sayin...)

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

posterboy

Western Rose

Well done, Julia!!!!! ^:)^ ..:.. :--- O0 :cool2: So excited for you! I can't wait to hear a personal report. ;) ;D
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Julia!!!! Congratulations!!! Please come back to Idaho very, very soon; gotta see that shiny new hat on you in person. Way to go, Nurse. Well deserved. :cool2:

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

hawkhavn

Congratulations!  We have to work a line together soon!! (Or something...  :) )

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Castle Mountain

WHAT????? ++)      I thought she was a red hat all this time!!!!   Boy was I fooled. @)
I am not kidding, I really did think she was a red hat for the longest time.
Congratulations NURSE RACHETE  We are so delighted for you. This is great news. O0 O0 O0 O0 ..:..

Best regards

CM

Quote from: MeanStreaker on April 17, 2011, 09:58:04 PM
You've earned this hat many times over and it was an honor to work with you this weekend!

Way to go Julia!!!

O0   ..:..   :bow: :bow: :bow:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Theophilus

Congratulations, Nurse Ratchett!
Your history is among the best, the instruction is second to none, and best of all you brought Goldfish to Washington.

Theophilus and Joni
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Big Papa

Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

Earl

And I get to say that I met her when she was just an Appletrekker, driving across the country with aprentices in tow. Now she is a Red Hat! How very wonderful that is, it is a great day in America. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

TruTenacity

Congratulations my friend and ditto what Theophilus said but including blessing us with bringing Shutterbug too.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Ishy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Ratchett, I'm so happy for you!  You have WELL earned that hat!   O0 O0 O0  HUZZAH!!!
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

EEL

Rachett a RH ??  :cool2:  Oh boy!!  Now we are all in for it  ~~:) ~~:)

Congrats Julia!!   O0 O0 O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Patriot Gal

HOORAY !!!!!!!    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

A well deserved Red Hat, I must say!!!    O0

Looking forward to working with you on the trail!!
Congrats again ,   ;D
Patriot Gal   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Shutterbug

Woohoo! ^:)^ You're going to make one amazing red hat, Ratchett.  Huge congratulations and way to go. 

Jules

From one Appleseed Woman to another, WELL DONE! We are very proud of you.

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Lisa

WTG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me, since I always get your VM.......

Gumballhead

Scarecrow

despree

Congrats!  Was very excited to be there to see it!  I thought I'd share the before/after pics  ^:)^

para45acp

What a time for me to return to the forums, perfect for me to say ...Congratulations Nurse Retchett!

Harley will be so excited tonight when I tell her  :)
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

George T

Way to go Julia.

Persistence through adversity could by your motto.

George T