News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who's on Facebook? Volunteer(s) needed! ASAP!

Started by AFTERMATH, April 01, 2011, 09:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Minnesota Land of 10,000 Appleseeds!

MN's very own facebook group is in need of some maintenence. 
Trouble was working on listing events and what nots, but with her impending deployment; shes finding it difficult to find the time. 
So, I need one or more volunteers to step up to list our shoots under the event listings.  Can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like.  Could even have one list them and another edit them!  You can look under past events for ideas.  Try to make them exciting and include something unique about each.  A rather simple task, but I'm having difficulty finding the time right now as well. 

So, ideally, I'd like to have a task-force of 3 volunteers take this on and breath some life into the group.  After it's all caught up; we can cut back to one for maintainence.  If you're up to the challenge and need permissions/admin access to the group, no problem!  Post here if you can help!

Thank you!

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Blue Five

Hey, since I'm already doing Wisconsin I can volunteer for Minnesota too if you can put up with a Wisconsinite running your page...though I like to consider myself an Honorary Minnesotan  ;)
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

sparks1

I'm not real handy with FB or computerish stuff. I'm lucky I can get my email.  ;)

And this from a guy that just got a smart phone.  **) **) **) Thought it would help me...darn thing just shows me how ancient I am.

I am not a good candidate for this opportunity to promote AS
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

BuzzG

I'm up for the task. We wouldn't want the Minnesota page to get too "cheesy"  :))

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Blue Five on April 01, 2011, 09:51:21 PM
Hey, since I'm already doing Wisconsin I can volunteer for Minnesota too if you can put up with a Wisconsinite running your page...though I like to consider myself an Honorary Minnesotan  ;)
Quote from: BuzzG on April 03, 2011, 08:20:11 AM
I'm up for the task. We wouldn't want the Minnesota page to get too "cheesy"  :))

Alright!  I get the both of you the permissions.  You two can work it out!
Just keep an eye on B5. ^-^  -We're in the re-education process.  He'll be a Minnesotan by September! &)

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 04, 2011, 05:28:16 PM
Just keep an eye on B5. ^-^  -We're in the re-education process.  He'll be a Minnesotan by September! &)

Alex

Gee, I don't know about that... ::)   I'm sure colycat won't let that re-education process take hold...  &) &) 

Now, time for me to get to work on Minnesota's page! ~~:)
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

professor gun

His dog, General Jackson, was born in Minnesota.  Of course, The General tries to keep that fact secret..........
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 01, 2011, 09:41:10 PM
Trouble was working on listing events and what nots, but with her impending deployment; shes finding it difficult to find the time. 

So, I need one or more volunteers to step up to list our shoots under the event listings.  Can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like.  Could even have one list them and another edit them!  You can look under past events for ideas.  Try to make them exciting and include something unique about each. 
I saw you gave me admin rights, although I didn't specifically volunteer ;). So I put on the Patriot's Day shoots which are coming up in a little over a week, the Rifleman Opportunity Card, and the banner picture from Appleseed in Texas. Do you guys want to put May events on there? I just copied the descriptive text from some previous events listed there. It seemed pretty good. And the RWVA logo fits for those shoots.

I didn't think about how it would put my picture on so many times, though. It's me (with Doug) at the Viennese Ball at U of WI Eau Claire -- a little border jumping for dance a couple of years ago. It was fun, and I designed the dress and made it. But it doesn't fit too well with Appleseed stuff, I guess. Does it bother you guys? It is pretty frou frou stuff.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 06, 2011, 07:59:01 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 01, 2011, 09:41:10 PM

So, I need one or more volunteers to step up to list our shoots under the event listings.  Can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like.  Could even have one list them and another edit them!  You can look under past events for ideas.  Try to make them exciting and include something unique about each. 
I saw you gave me admin rights, although I didn't specifically volunteer ;). So I put on the Patriot's Day shoots which are coming up in a little over a week, the Rifleman Opportunity Card, and the banner picture from Appleseed in Texas. Do you guys want to put May events on there? I just copied the descriptive text from some previous events listed there. It seemed pretty good. And the RWVA logo fits for those shoots.

I didn't think about how it would put my picture on so many times, though. It's me (with Doug) at the Viennese Ball at U of WI Eau Claire -- a little border jumping for dance a couple of years ago. It was fun, and I designed the dress and made it. But it doesn't fit too well with Appleseed stuff, I guess. Does it bother you guys? It is pretty frou frou stuff.

Well, I couldn't let WI admins outnumber MN admins. O0 
That and, well, the group could use a woman's touch! ;)
I wouldn't worry about the photo, most people realize it's from a personal profile....  I think.... ???
Thank you, and if you wanna just keep an eye on those other two.  &)

Alex

Blue Five

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 06, 2011, 08:11:33 PM
Well, I couldn't let WI admins outnumber MN admins. O0 
That and, well, the group could use a woman's touch! ;)
I wouldn't worry about the photo, most people realize it's from a personal profile....  I think.... ???
Thank you, and if you wanna just keep an eye on those other two.  &)

Alex

Nothing wrong with us cheeseheads...despite what Buzz says, we aren't that cheesy  ;)

Even despite the fact you are attempting the re-education process...  ;D  &)

Puma Mami

Quote from: Blue Five on April 06, 2011, 08:17:48 PM
Nothing wrong with us cheeseheads...despite what Buzz says, we aren't that cheesy  ;)
Wisconsin actually has the largest Viennese ball outside of Austria every year at the university in Eau Claire. http://www.uwec.edu/activities/vball/index.htm. It's the best ballroom dance event of the year, in the region, IMHO. They have about 2,000 attendees on each of the two nights. So that's not cheesy at all. ;)  It's next weekend, but I'll be turkey hunting instead of dancing this time.  #)

So back to business -- do you guys want to put the May events up on Facebook yet? or wait until after the Patriot's Day shoots? I was thinking 3-6 weeks ahead would seem more immediate to people than putting all events on for the whole year at one time. Sending it about a month ahead might make the message that goes out about the event more effective.

Maybe a link to an AAR or two would be good on there. "Look what you missed" type of thing to move people toward registering.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

sparks1

I like the idea of 6 weeks notice. This gives them time to plan. Also the link to AARs is good. We may want to spell out AAR...not all acronyms are familiar to the general public.

Cheers

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 11, 2011, 08:28:45 AM
I like the idea of 6 weeks notice. This gives them time to plan. Also the link to AARs is good. We may want to spell out AAR...not all acronyms are familiar to the general public.

Yes, I think you're right. We shouldn't use any acronyms on Facebook.

Since we are already less than 6 weeks from the May events I will put them up on Facebook later today.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 11, 2011, 10:16:50 AM
Quote from: sparks1 on April 11, 2011, 08:28:45 AM

Yes, I think you're right. We shouldn't use any acronyms on Facebook.

Since we are already less than 6 weeks from the May events I will put them up on Facebook later today.

Thanks! 

By the way; I need the FB team to spread the word about VMN ::)  Virtual Muster Night ;D
We need an event created ASAP - VMN is Thurs. Apr. 14  18:00-21:00 
Please direct them to the Nat'l muster boards that will be apearing here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=281.0

As well as the MN board Here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21963.0

Thank you!

Alex

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 12, 2011, 08:40:48 PM
By the way; I need the FB team to spread the word about VMN ::)  Virtual Muster Night ;D
Please direct them to the Nat'l muster boards that will be apearing here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=281.0

As well as the MN board Here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21963.0

I'll add the event right now.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on April 12, 2011, 08:57:03 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 12, 2011, 08:40:48 PM

I'll add the event right now.

Great!   Thanks!

Puma Mami

On the Facebook Winona May 7/8 event listing Bobbi Jo said she will be at a shoot this weekend taking photos, and needs to pick up fliers to hand out to troops at a tribute she's doing May 7/8. Can you guys tell which shoot she's at? and make sure she gets some fliers?

Thanks!

Here's the event listing:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=154468714618101

sparks1

Puma Mami...your link takes me to MY FB homepage. If I log out and Pam logs in, it takes us to her FB homepage.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on April 14, 2011, 06:34:54 PM
Puma Mami...your link takes me to MY FB homepage. If I log out and Pam logs in, it takes us to her FB homepage.

Sorry about that. It looks like Facebook links aren't picked up all the way by the forum system here. You could try copying and pasting this next whole line into the browser address bar:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=154468714618101

then it should take you to the page after you log in.

Otherwise, go to the group, "Minnesota -- Land of 10,000 Appleseeds!" and click on "Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic, Springtime in Winona!" Bobbi Jo's comment is on the wall for that event.

Thanks!