News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association - Gunshow at the Colleseum!

Started by AFTERMATH, February 10, 2011, 08:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Here's where we start planning for this one! ~~:)

I've talked to Gail at MWCA and we do have a table for this one. If you can help out, post here or PM "AdamT", he's our point man for this one.

vmt
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Maybe some could do one day at the Cabelas Expo and a day at the gun show. It would switch things up (if so desired) and give a good rounded experience.

just thinking out loud. :P
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on February 10, 2011, 09:17:26 PM
Maybe some could do one day at the Cabelas Expo and a day at the gun show. It would switch things up (if so desired) and give a good rounded experience.

That's what I'd recommend!  Who want's to spend two days at a gunshow anyway? #)
Heck, I can't afford that!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

adamt

Just for some information. There is a gun show at the Minneapolis Convention center on February 19-20. It is the same group, the MWCA. I will be attending on Saturday or Sunday with some handouts of one kind or another.

If we have not heard from them regarding a table at the coliseum show the following month I will try to butter them up.

If anyone is planning on attending the show next weekend (Feb 19-20) chime in and we may be able to meet up.

As to the coliseum show in March,

Plan on a table, plan on a good time with possible early entry on Sat or Sun and possibly Friday evening. First come first serve. I will wait for some more information to evolve and attempt to build a more solid plan.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 10, 2011, 09:19:39 PM
Quote from: sparks1 on February 10, 2011, 09:17:26 PM

That's what I'd recommend!  Who want's to spend two days at a gunshow anyway? #)
Heck, I can't afford that!

Canelas could be as expensive. :(

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

I'm working on improved table covers and two printed vinyl banners so we will have two nice table set-ups available for events. I think that will help Appleseed feel more credible to people as a national organization, and we'll be able to run two nicely-appointed tables on the same weekend.

I got a hold of a banner ad for Vistaprint to get a "free" small banner (3 ft x 1.6 ft). So I have made use of that and ordered two of the banners today. If you know Vistaprint, you know "free" isn't really free (and if you wait to order, you lose the discount). But it was $30 total for two outdoor-weight (15 oz.) full-color vinyl banners. So that's much more economical than the $80+ for the larger ones other areas have been ordering. It's a good place to get started with banners, even if we will probably get larger and nicer ones later on. I'll need to add grommets and hems, but that saves money over having them come with that already.

I've attached a copy of the banner design here. I hope you guys like it (not returnable). I used the text from the banner on top of the main site, and a background from Vistaprint that's similar to the parchment/paper type of background the national organization is using. So aside from having an eagle, which I haven't seen on anything else from Appleseed, it is very much in line with the organization's existing promotions.

I also hit a fabric sale with a coupon today and got fabric to make two blue, wrinkle-resistant polyester table covers sized for 8' exhibit tables and scarlet cotton broadcloth runners for the middle (stronger fabric to hold the banner). I've made a mock-up to scale to show what it will look like with the banner.

If anyone would like to chip in on these things, PM me and I can give you my email for PayPal. But I don't mind putting in some money and time to get more people doing Appleseed. Small price to pay, especially since my son and I get to do Appleseed almost for free.  :)
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Looks great to me, and you can't really beat 2 for $30.
I'm sure we can chip some in.

Excellent! O0

Cooper

Paypal donation sent last night.
If you can use more, just PM me.
THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS! I for one am PR and decorating impaired.

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Puma Mami

Wow! I've got donations to cover the whole cost now, plus enough to get the two acrylic holders for the "sign up for our email signs" and toward view binders and printing for the glossy gun range promotion/education I'm working on.

Thanks for your generous donations!! It helps to just be doing the volunteer hours rather than putting up all the money. My husband will be very pleased.  O0
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

sparks1

Aaaah shucks, Ma'am! Glad to see an effort like yours taking wings AND taking off. I like the concept.

Can't wait to see your spouse in period costume at an Appleseed.  O0

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on March 03, 2011, 05:27:33 PM
Can't wait to see your spouse in period costume at an Appleseed.  O0

Well, now he wants something more "mountain main" than "minuteman," but we'll see how it goes with his costume. They do have those double-caped-shoulder cotton outfits that are accurate to the period, but he might end up in a raccoon hat rather than a tricorn...we'll see  ;)

BuzzG

I can come up either Sat or Sun. Which day needs help?

Buzz

vmt193

I'm still trying to find out if we even have a table reserved. I sent them a check back in January right after I talked to them at another one of their gunshows. The check still hasn't been cashed, I've heard nothing, and I haven't been able to get in touch with anybody there yet.  :(

I'll be trying again tomorrow.

vmt

vmt193

Update in OP. Please step up and help out at the table this weekend.  :sos:

Sven

I told Sparks that I would be there on Sunday, 10 to 3,   :cool2:

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

AFTERMATH

vmt193

Quote from: Sven on March 15, 2011, 11:45:40 PM
I told Sparks that I would be there on Sunday, 10 to 3,   :cool2:

Sven

Sparks is handling Cabela's in Rogers. AdamT is the BOTG for the Coliseum gun show.

BuzzG

I'll be up on Saturday morning for the day. I'll bring all my leftovers from last week's gun show.

Buzz

sparks1

I just talked to Steve Lonn at Cabelas (event coordinator) and he says we will be set up by the "mountain" and to start about 9:00am and go till 4 or 5pm. He didn't have a table for us so I scared one up from a friend at work. It is 3'x6' and folds in half. I guess it is something anyway.  Sunday we will start when the store opens and run til 3 or 4pm.
Looks good for the weekend.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

Quote from: sparks1 on March 16, 2011, 06:16:03 PM
I just talked to Steve Lonn at Cabelas (event coordinator) and he says we will be set up by the "mountain" and to start about 9:00am and go till 4 or 5pm. He didn't have a table for us so I scared one up from a friend at work. It is 3'x6' and folds in half. I guess it is something anyway.  Sunday we will start when the store opens and run til 3 or 4pm.
Looks good for the weekend.

We can make the tablecloth fit on that. With the red runner in the middle, it will be easy to fold in 2 feet of length and have it under the runner.

adamt

Update: Friday at 7:30 P.M.

The table is all set up for the show. If you arrive to help or just to visit, The table is on the outer ring, West end of the Colosseum. If contact info is needed my number is (six-one-two) Two three two - five five six eight.

I will be there at 8:00 am Saturday and Sunday.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln