News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Kingman,Arizona 11/28/29/2010

Started by Johnnyappleseed, November 27, 2010, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

This Kingman event is great O0
The 7mile gun club ,went beyond the call again ,with target backers and target stands --- Thanx George --we sur appreciate it.
The attendee's as an entire group --never once faltered in their determination and Rifleman spirit.
Many thanx to all who attended and special thanx to LUCA who did a fine job with many tasks-- nice work keeping the pace up Luca O0
Willpost more later ----- as usuall --IM exhausted  ;D
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

hotlizard

Just Got the rifle cleaned. And I still have a problem doing the whole Minute thing. but I will be back Tomorrow and try to get my Rifleman patch again. had a great day Robert thanks for your time and help. I have not had a day out with that much fun in a long time. Bruce

hotlizard

RIFLEMAN LUCA My new best Friend. If you need a strong leader this is the Man. Thanks for all you instruction and help today. See you tomorrow.Bruce

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AZOpie

Brrr! I ran through snow and rain on my way to Kingman! Had to stop at Wal-mart to get an extra layer of clothing, last time I was there I melter, this time I froze. It was good to see our two return shooters there on Sunday, and to meet Richard and Luca at the range.

Hope to see you all again soon!

John

hotlizard

John, Yes it took an hour or so to warm up from yesterday. Hope you had a safe trip home. Happy to meet you and I have spent the last hour on the  carpet practising the hold sight picture. Man my arms Hurt. I have a question I need to add iron sights to my ruger 10/22 any suggestion.? I was looking at Williams and a sight in the web that looks like M1 sights. Any Help?

AZOpie

New American

Hi everybody
it has been an honor and a pl;easure to share with all of u the range and the experience.
A big thanks to Richard and John for driving all the way to to Mohave County to share their knowledge...
and thanks to the shooters to willing to start the journey to become riflemen...
Please spread this seed in your community
order from Fred some targets, get his manual how to become a rifleman... and share the freedom with your family and friends
I will upload tomorrow the photos we took...
ciao
Luca
http://Zanna.US

redrockman

Hello fellow shooters, had a blast as usual.... What a treat and relax by going to a SHOOT!!!. Learning more each time, i'll dry fire at night, practice prone etc.

8) Enjoy the Holidays,I'll remember my history well this season.

Hope to see all and more of you in the coming future............

Thanks for the great time O0

Johnnyappleseed

Many thanx to Luca and AZOpie who honored the Kingman event with their help . It was a pleasure to meet and work with both of you O0

BTW --Luca ,besides being a Rifleman is also a very talented musician O0 he gave me a CD of patriotic music he produced and it is fantastic!
Luca ,would you be so kind as to provide a way for other folks to buy/listen to what you have produced?

Late Sun ,instructors fired the AQT and AZOpie achieved a 220 --with a new centerfire AR type --nice shooting Sir

My M14 had a change in trigger pull weight -- I just kept shooting the AQT when a pull of the trigger did NOTHING  ???  I hit the mag release and as I was moving the mag forward to remove it -- A ROUND fired -fortunately the rifle was in an safe direction .

I may use that example when talking about the 1st safety rule .

Redrockman --nice to see you again ,thanx for attending and I hope to see you next time .
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

JustJeff

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on December 01, 2010, 02:23:25 AM
BTW --Luca ,besides being a Rifleman is also a very talented musician O0 he gave me a CD of patriotic music he produced and it is fantastic!
Luca ,would you be so kind as to provide a way for other folks to buy/listen to what you have produced?

Just follow the link at the bottom of his post.... http://zanna.us
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Johnnyappleseed

The  mechanical  discharge that happened to my m14 on Sun  , was ther result of a broken trigger pin ------- ;D

Not sure if possibile mechanical problems should be addressed during the saftey briefing . I plan on including a 30 -45 second  brief on this with the hangfire alert.

To recap - as I was tilting mag forward to remove it - the RIFLE FIRED  :o :o :o
Any suggestions on how to state or make the point would be appreciated .
JA
Calvin Coolidge

jodanc

My sister and I attended our first Appleseed Shoot at Kingman, AZ in November. We learned so much that Saturday. Richard and Luca took time and patience to teach us shooting skills that will last us a life time. We did not get to be there for both days but we will be back. The education was well worth it and I will pass the word around to those that do not know about Appleseed.
Thank you so much for teaching me "NOT TO MUSCLE THE RIFLE!"  Yes, my arm told me too! See you next shoot.

SavageShootr

jodanc

Welcome to the forum! Glad you enjoyed the AS in Kingman.

Hope to see you next time.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

Jodanc  , welcome to the forum .
You showed the sprit of America's founders . It was an honor and a pleasure to meet and work with you O0

JA
Calvin Coolidge