News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Indianapolis, IN Oct 30th 2010

Started by yellowhousejake, October 31, 2010, 07:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

A very smooth running shoot. Everyone who attended had a great attitude. We saw several good scores, lots of new shooters, two young ladies and two young men. Seems like we had three family groups show up, maybe four? With only 14 shooters that is a great number and we do like seeing that.

Hats off to Jeff and Andy for their scores, 222 and 229 respectively. Some fine shooting!

Dwight, our eager student, just keeps coming back and getting better each time. A 203! That is a long way from your first scores and I sincerely hope to be there when you get that Rifleman patch.

I can honestly say everyone else saw good improvement and we hope to have everyone back at another Appleseed. My only regret this weekend is that we did not get to have Kelsey, Kristy, Megan stay all day. Just thirty minutes longer and we could have shared the benediction and third strike with them. They were all ready late, so I understand (kinda ;^). I certainly hope Clive can bring them back.

Let's see if Applecore can scrounge up some pictures for us...

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Indydrew

To Yellowhousejake, Mudcat, Minus 1 and the Apple Core staff thanks for all of your instruction, guidance and patience (especially with my left handed safety (-: ), your efforts are greatly appreciated.  To Niecie, those snack bars you brought were amazing and it only took 3 or 4 of them for me to figure that out. :-) 

I had an absolute blast and was extremely proud of making Rifleman in my first class, but it was the history part of the course that surprised me the most.  I thought I knew from classes in high school and college how the Revolutionary War started, but I didn't.  Those topics have been so sanitized in todays curriculum that they bear little resemblance to what actually happened, which is very sad actually.  I purchased the book Paul Revere's ride today to pick up where we left off in the class.

I am also rounding up a group of 5 or 6 buddies to go to an Appleseed in the spring.  I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend with friends than taking this course.

Thanks for everything, looking forward to my next one,

Andy (Indydrew).

rimfire_crazed

Andy said it all already, so I'll just echo his sentiments.  Come for the shooting, come BACK for the history  - again and again.  This was my third event.  I was quite pleased to score my 222 Rifleman on the first AQT and was really bummed for Andy when he had an equipment issue after shooting consistently well all day.  The look on your face when you rocked off a 229 was worth the price of admission. 

I'll be back soon.  I started with irons and switched to optics - but it's time to go back.  Looking forward to attending as many Appleseed events as time and money allow!  Looking forward to those pictures, too.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Indydrew on October 31, 2010, 10:54:36 PM
To Niecie, those snack bars you brought were amazing and it only took 3 or 4 of them for me to figure that out. :-) 

We originally thought to keep them a secret and make folks attend an Appleseed to get them. But then we came to our senses  ::)

The recipe is here if you are interested. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18107.0

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Thanks for the kind words. Your responses are why we do it, why Mudcat drove so far, and why we just bought new Carharts to keep doing this all winter.

I hope to see you all again.

YHJ

YHJ

Minus1

It was a great shoot, very different from the "other" side, but very fulfilling! Nice group, great attitudes, some very fine shooting, some important history, . . . Pretty much a model 'seed from my noobie-tinted glasses.
WARNING: Post contains material not suitable for those adversely affected by inquisitiveness, interjection of personal experience, sarcasm, IIT-ness, and/or bacon.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Niecie

A beautiful morning...

Jay Pea working on her video...

Minus1 first day as an Orange hat. Outstanding job, BTW!

Half of the line...

The other half...

We had some outstanding form on the line...

A VERY proud Grandpa on the line...

Watching the demonstrations...

Mudcat always ready to get in the dirt and help out...Thank you!! :bow:

YHJ & Mudcat giving outstanding instruction O0

Another VERY proud grandpa, and most improved student! Great job Dwight!

Niecie

We had LOTS of determination and Great improvement through out the day...

Find that NPOA...

Who's Red Coat score improved?

Mudcat offering advice and support - so glad you were with us!

Our Rifleman! Impressive for a one day event....

Congratulations Jeff!  ^:)^

Congratulations Andy!  ^:)^

Congratulations to two of our Junior shooters. Austin and Vincent, you guys were awesome!  O0 O0

Thanks to all that attended and stopped by! We had a fantastic day, and so great to spend that time with such great people!

See ya soon,

Niecie

AuntieBellum

What a fantastic shoot!  Congratulations to our new Riflemen, and congratulations to everyone - so many shooters made huge improvements!  More importantly, we have Americans who heard the message of those Patriots from generations past and are now ready to embrace their heritage.  We saw so many heads nodding during the history and benediction that I have no doubt that several Americans left Saturday with a new appreciation for the sacrifices made to secure their Liberty.

A big thank you to Marion County Fish and Game - the new pistol bays are just perfect for Appleseed, so thank you!  And thank you to everyone who pitched in to help out: yellowhousejake, Mudcat, Minus1.  And Niecie - baker, photographer, registration, RSO, and so much more - awesome!

Now back to work everyone - there's 7th stepping to do!  Bring a friend next time, tell others, get involved, and let us know if you want a funny looking hat, too.   ;)

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

minuteman32

This was my 1st Appleseed and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! It was fantastic to see so many folks of all ages come out to learn some neglected history & how to shoot. My wife said she even learned something in the short amount of time that she was there. We are hoping that she will be able to attend one in the spring.
Thank you all, not just for coming so far to do this here, but for doing this so well, so often & in so many locations. I am looking forward to seeing you all again in the near future. Now I just have to get a couple of slings, some recommended reading material, a rifle for my wife (any excuse to go gun shopping) & some practice.
Thank you, again.